Saturday, December 18, 2004

Had a non-run of the mill day yesterday. Firstly my pc decided to die on me the night before so i ended watching the telly on a night i wasnt up to watching the telly.
Yesterday, i waited for my boss to show up for a after lunch meet, whom naturally didnt show up, so i grabbed the chance to head down to sim lim to get the pc fixed and at the same time upgrade my office notebook's ram a bit.
Me being me, naturally ended up spending more than i should have on my pc!
All it was, was that the motherboard had decided to retire and all i needed to change was that and i was like "since i got it apart" changed my cd writer(being a bit finicky), floppy (also finicky, sometimes it works, sometimes it dont!), changed the casing! (current one is almost 5 years old!) and finally ended up with almost a brand new pc!!
AND to cap things off, upon the reinstallation i got a nasty message from my antivirus that i got a virus in my memory!!!
Aiyoh, lucky thing sim lim so low, maybe might have thrown the pc off the building, but cannot. got too much stuff in there....So I spent most of the late night (like after midnight, since i had a dinner to go to first) yesterday, cleaning that out. This morning, cleaned out all the grime on the table from where the pc was since it was out of the way now (yippee), reconfigured the system again since i changed the board, rearranged all the cables (new pc casings should make a built in cabinet for the wires!!!) and now i got a spiffy looking new pc! hehe.....it also means i have to postpone my digi cam purchase! sigh.... now i wanna new vid card! my current one has only 32MB of ram...these days u need at least 64 for games.... started saving..
on the girl watching front, since i joined this new company, there's this colleague who is quite sexy, cept she is married with a 2 yr old kid....sigh....can see cannot touch....growl.......next!....
going golf range later.........maybe........later

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?