Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Zapped at last - LASEK (no you read right)

Ok finally! Got my eye laser treatment done last friday.

It was done only on one eye, the left one first. this was becos the recovery period for this version of the treatment aka LASEK is a bit more tedious (as opposed to the more famous LASIK) but potentially safer over the long run.

Was a rather interesting procedure....it wasnt that difficult as i thot.. abit of a struggle to keep focused on the dat big bright red light.... Main problem was that i was trying not to blink but i had on eye lid retractors so it din matter anyway! It struck me after the zapping! duh! ....there was very little pain other than the brief period when the local anesthetic wore off but the eyedrops took care of that real fast

The recovery has been interesting with a lot of blurring /hazing of vision but right on the very next day i could already see that my sight was wayyyy better (like 2 lines short of 20/20 or 6/6 depending if u metric or not) than it used to be. Biggest problem is the bandage contact lens i gotta wear for abt 7 days...kinda irritating sometimes, feels like a ill fitting lens.

It was amazing to wake up the next day and actually be able to see some stuff without my glasses or the first time I've been able to clearly see where the soap was when taking a shower!

But i must admit, up till yesterday i had doubts to the efficacy of the procedure cos there was no noticeable improvement since the second day.

BUT today! Day 6 after the zap; voila!! I can see! I can see! Details!!!!

Like I could see tree leaves today! albeit those that are further away, my near vision still sucks, my price for asking for full correction... but then again i wanted to play golf ... haha cant have everything

Whoopee cant wait to do the other eye...shame it has to be after Chinese New Year....

Still I'm pretty happy...:)



Comments:
While I love wearing glasses, I think in the long run, LASEK/LASIK would be good for me. Since I work in such high humidity in the jungle, it really sucks having to wipe my glasses countless of times during a day!! As well, not being able to see clearly when I swim, etc..

Do you mind telling me how much it cost you? And what was your prescription before? Thanks!
 
Hi Cayce
Fogging up in the jungle! Boy do i remember that, not nice to be bashing around there and can't tell a tree from a snake!

I had it done in JB Malaysia much cheaper in Singapore and just as good, cos I used to sell opthalmic and optical products so i know! but for insurance there were a couple of guinea pigs who went before me just to be sure..haha really!

Well my power is -550 with astig of 50 rite now the prognosis is pretty good

and How much? RM2300 each eye all in :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?