Monday, March 14, 2005

mystifed

I spent the better part of an afternoon trying to help a friend sort out her personal issues(aka $$) but what really stumped me and had me dumbfounded and mystified at her apparent lack of fight. Which then had me reflecting, are all people like that? When the going gets tough, the people disappear.... or want to run away. I know what this feels like, but I've learned the best (although usually very painful) way to deal with problems is to meet them head on.

Or is it just me applying and expecting unreasonable results or reactions from the other party. After all I am not them. I guess this is one of my biggest fallacies, I always assume if I can handle it so can others. I guess not. Another friend bites the dust...as she is planning on running away from her problems and not coming back... sigh... I think I'll just stick to rescuing pets...easier to handle than trying to rescue humans.

Comments:
No, not all people. But many don't feel empowered to take the bull by the horns. And so they feel helpless and weak about things. I don't know your friend, but I'm guessing that's what she's feeling?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?