Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Huff and puff I ain't no magic dragon

Friday - on a high after doing a cooooool run, did some chest workout ..

Saturday - Chest ouch today. Soaked in the pool and Jacuzzi, had it all to myself, so calm and serene in the pool especially at 9.30pm in the evening and watching the snow fall outside ..

Sunday - Shoulders and arms workout, saw this old dude going great guns on the treadmill, really inspiring since I am also prepping for the marathon.

Then, later I found out he was Buzz Aldrin!!!

Wahhhhh....Daaaammmmmnnnnnnn I didn't get to speak to him!!!! Wail!! In case you dunno who Buzz is, He was one of 2 guys who were ever the first people to set foot on the moon! Yup THAT Astronaut. Sigh....Thought then he looked familiar but kinda short so it didn't stike me he was him, I suppose you need to be small to fit into the space capsule.

I also missed the whole shebang at the Chateau, they had some kind of celebrity charity event over the weekend and apparently, John Schneider, Martin Sheen, Dan Ackroyd, Ed Begley, Geena Davies plus a whole bunch of other celebrities had popped by the shop where I work part-time, damn missed that too. But then again, I got to crawl into my Lancaster and gallavant all over the Calgary Zoo, which I think was more Groovy for me, haha.

Monday - BAM .. stopped flying and crashed back on earth.

I struggled with the run taking 15mins to do 2km (!) and the damn treadmill stopped at 15mins because I didn't know the last 5 mins was a cool down, had set it at 20mins.

Analysis -
* My legs were still a bit stiff after last fri's run.
* My left knee which I twisted while skiing 2 weeks ago was acting up, feeling weird, stiff and actually a little painful when I was warming up with cross overs. Probably aggravated by fri's run. All that pounding and I ain't light (95kg although I look 10kg lighter, hehe muscle mass :P)
* I was huffing and puffing during the run, not like fri when I was really comfy running. Hmmm ... Eureka! Lake Louise (elevation 5000 feet) is almost 2000feet higher than Calgary (elevation 3000 feet) when I did last fri's run. No wonder I'm struggling when I'm back here and it seemed so easy in Calgary.

Solution -
Need to rethink my timing goals somewhat
Should have done a recovery run on sunday or saturday, should do one after every hard run.

BUT STILL (!) I'm aiming for that 14:00 here in LL, soon! :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?