Monday, January 23, 2006

A New Dawn

Egads, yesterday's run sucked big time...
17:32 2.4k & 24:00 3.2K
need to better learn how to pace myself in the rarefied air but also I did the run at the end of a mostly standing 8hr work day at 11pm... whew and then couldn't sleep until 1.30am and today die... so stoned. But at least I did 2 miles (3.2K) hehe.

But

A new day, a new dawn, a new beginning, even the sun gets up earlier these days (but of course since the winter solstice is over for one month liao)

So... I have a hazy idea what I want, dreams dredged from deep deep down, and penned them, before I forget again... on another blog so I can track them and becos its still somewhat public, die die must do.Have fun looking for it.

Make an impact on the lives of others (thanks for the reminder Mother Superior!), dang forgot about this bit, something I used to enjoy doing but have not since spending time diving around and swimming in my own innercentric wants.

Now I remember, Zig Ziglar said, Give others what they want and you'll get what you want, (Did I forget everything? Better start taking my Gingko)

Anyways, it's one small step at a time, which will become many steps and like a marathon just gotta Persevere, which btw is one of the Tenets of TKD which I used to do so many moons ago, aiyoh last time can do splits these days its the pants that split. Hmmm another thing to add to my to do list.

But in case I forget again, which I did and had to go and look it up, the five Tenets are:

1) Courtesy
2) Integrity
3) Perseverance
4) Self-Control
5) Indomitable Spirit

Used to be so On about them, wonder what happened along the way, grew up and started working I guess.

So here's a start and for those who've been in and out of my blog since I started (highly unlikely since I am a silently silent Stealth blogger), it's background has gone from black black to cheery and light and some more got lighthouse to shine the light and hopefully the way

:)

POSTSCRIPT
Yikes! It just dawned on me Canadians have voted today! And I made my decision then too!
Hmmm that butterfly musta been flapping real hard, so many particles buzzing...
connectedness eh

Comments:
I know I'm some 'doggone' painful philosopher when I come to your blog. But I have a problem with Zig Zaglar's quote, "Give others what they want and you'll get what you want".

Actually, it's quite often that we don't get what we want if we give others what they want. Because of expectations, unrequited return of gift or love, selfishness, etc. I'd rather think, Give, and not expect anything in return.

Sorry, I must be tired today, so seriously off tonight. Just two cent's worth of my thoughts regardless.

Glad you've thawed... :-)
 
Ms Procrastinator - one day you should get the chance to see the sunrise here, it's spectatcular! Soon hopefully you will become Ms Proactive!.... After you've read Zig's book :P

Simple American - I was in the army too! Albeit not by choice,(compulsory!!) Singapore army was in the Infantry, just officially retired. Jungle warfare seems funnier now than it dio back then! I live next to the world's most spectacular skating rink and I don't know how to skate. Another to do on my list!

Mother Painful - *Hugs* your 2 cents is always appreciated. This kind of pain I like. Makes me move. Oops I quoted Zig partly from a sales perspective (aka suppose to give and earn)cos I used to be in sales so I can only lopsidedly quote from too many irrelevant sales books but you're right, give and not expect. Which also explains why I'm not rich, give a lot and never ask for anything, including pay, sigh :( I did think of priesthood but I liked Star Trek too much, got the wanderlust.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?