Thursday, January 12, 2006

Quantum Physics

2.4km 16:41

Sheer coincidence... fate again? or is my imagination running in overtime?

I've been reading a book, might be hard to take seriously since the author is a well (very) known comedian. It's called "I'm not really here" by Tim Allen of Home Improvement and lots of movies fame. In it he is going through exactly what I am going through, except that he has got a helluva lot more time and money to research the subject. That subject is a mid life crisis. I'm still sitting my butt wondering what the heck to do and finally picked up a book, THIS book, thinking some humour might cheer up my LIFE and what is dude writing and thinking? Exactly my same thoughts albeit in his way but essentially the same thing.

Truth of the matter is that, he's really put some thought into it, once you see through the wise ass lines. One of the paths he's been going down is that of Quantum Physics, what isn't that the super chim science bit? Yes and No. But strangely it seems to click. One of the theorems is that we are not really here but we are here at the same time and we are all connected to things, people, anything simultaneously. Remember something called the Butterfly Effect?

But this didn't really hit me until tonight.

I turned on the TV (yea yea, I'm addicted to it.... so much to see, my fav channel is the Discovery Channel) and went to the movie channel (ooops, well Disc. mostly) and saw all these dancing globs and something about ennervation of nerves and bio chemistry and then somehow Quantum Physics started to creep into it. The fact that it is a well made, interestingly intriguing and entertaining (lots of great songs!) movie made me stayed glued. Of course, to keep me glued, there is this attractive chick who turns out to be Marlee Matlin. There are all these Harvard, MIT and Ivy League Uni Professors explaining a bit here there.

What the Bleep do we know? is the title. www.whatthebleep.com is the website, haven't been there yet, but you can bet your rats ass I will be there.

Then right at the end of the movie, the link between nerves, bio-chemistry and Quantum Physics all come together with the question of is God really out there? or is he within all of us as QP explains it. Might not be a movie for the religiously fervent.

But I had been searching for why Believe? I had spent 10 years in a Catholic school, actually studied the book of Luke for my O Levels, yet I am not baptised, don't claim affiliation with any religion and am still searching for the answer to the question, is there a god and which one?. Will there ever be an answer? Probably not.

I've spent too much time staring at the stars, watching astronauts (the luckiest people on this planet) do space walks and hang out in space. Thanks to Star Wars (action hero) and more of Star Trek (the Last frontier) begs the question where is God? In or beyond the Milky Way or amongst us right now?

The scriptures was written 2000 years ago. Back then man was firmly rooted to the ground and the sky represented the heavens. Now with the man firmly rooted in space, are the heavens are in the other galaxies? This has me rather perplexed. Naturally being the thinker that I am, the more I ponder the more intrigued and unsatisfied I become.

So the essence of this movie and the book and QP, is that being the most biologically complex walking chemistry set on this planet, QP might explain could explain some of the feelings and thoughts we have such as intuition, gut feelings etc is the result of the effect of our interconnectedness to everyone and everything thanks to the sub nuclear molecular effects of everything as QP explains it.

Chim.. I know, but it makes sense to me or at least helps to answer some questions I had. I can probably go on, but I'll also probably end up with a book instead of a blog.

Being a Libra, I will as usual, likely to straddle the fence and end up with both QP and God. At least I got insurance in case my airplane decides to fall out of the sky, QP ain't gonna help then .....

Quantum Physics apparently is all about possibilities. The movie does really ask some really penetrating questions.

So as has often been preached, taught, seminared, workshoped to death within me;

If it is to be, it is up to me. I become what I think about, therefore I am.

Tomorrow I'm going for 14:00 and finish the rest of the book.

and Marlee Matlin is still one cool chick 10 years on.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?