Tuesday, January 10, 2006

snow snow and a triathlon

It's been snowing non stop since last week! and more snow is on the way for the rest of the week...darn, going to Calgary this weekend.

The daily snowfall can be thick enough on the parking lot, to reach the car's bottom, even though they have snow plows to clean the snow out everyday. Good thing the extra height of the snowfall, helps clean the car's bottom, hehe.

It'd be interesting only if I didn't have brush the snow off the car every morning to go to work and every evening to get home! snow brush exercise..sheesshh...

But on the other hand, EVERTHING is really white now. Its been a late winter and a month famous for VERY cold temperatures is operating at borderline, oh give or take a few degrees. I hear Calgary is totally brown and it was +9C there last weeekend, in January! This can only mean one thing, we are in for it in Feb!!

today 2.4km 17:03.. not quite what I expected but slight improvement over last week. Best bit was that I didn't stop, so that's an improvement!

For now, I'm sticking to the 2.4km distance becos,
a) It's a distance very well known to NS guys (I wonder what's the min. timing for Cat Z+?)
b) I know what I have and can do during at distance, so got a good benchmark to measure against (lets just say the best I ever did was a silver :P )
c) Its short enough to force you to sprint but long enough to give your lungs a goooood workout.
d) and most importantly, cos its a sprint, I am counting on it to help with me with my speed which I suck at... :)

Tomorrow we go again... 16:00 maybe? Thinking of a 7am run...hehe.. if I can wake up, 5 BX here I come

PS: OH YES
The reason for me running again was becos I happened to watch (fate?) the 2005 Hawaiian Ironman Triathlon on TSN TV (and again on Entertainent Tonight (!), see a few lines donw for why) ,seeing a one legged girl with a artificial leg, a guy with ALS (Lou Gerig's Disease) who couldn't use his hands, a 81 year old man and that JAG actor David Elliot James (45 y/o) and about 1700 other people, ALL swim 3.8km, bike 180km, run a full marathon 42km (Yes all three and in that order) and finish within the cut off time (17hrs), made me wonder what I was doing on my butt...?

And what has snow got to do with all this?
I wanna go running outdoors!!! sigh

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?