Saturday, February 18, 2006

Got a Long Weekend!

Yayyyy
Got a long weekend coming!
Did another 11 hrs on friday (finally finished my project!), came home finished off the last of my curry, guess that will be that for oh maybe 2-3 weeks before the urge strikes again. Never mind april is coming. Crashed early again, then woke up at 1.30am and blogging away here, hai!

This coming monday is Alberta Family day so I get a long weekend off! yippee
I had wanted to go skiing sat morning, but with the really really cold weather yesterday and today, better not. The slopes wont be too friendly. Apparently when its this cold, even snow compacts and freezes (bet you didnt know snow can freeze), making the slopes somewhat slippery and not to mention very cold when you factor in the wind chill. Your face will have to be completely covered up to prevent frostbite, (oooh my cheek just fell off, not nice!). Will be -20 tmw morning. It was -35 this morning brrrr with the stiff breeze, windchill was prob like -45, i knew this was coming since we had such mild temps last month. Should warm up over the weekend (yayy) then dip again next week.

Sooooo for my long weekend, I've got a shopping trip into Calgary. My desktop computer from sg arrived with my other stuff and it aint working as I thought, since its been sitting for some 8 months plus the shipping and handling (by sea). First I thot it was the CMOS battery that crapped out, changed that, wasn't that, BIOS and CMOS now works though. Now I think its the harddisk, cos its now not booting into the O/S or does but hangs, gotta get a new one. If this isnt the fix, I hope it isnt the motherboard's IDE controller thats cranky cos that would really suck as this board is new, having just replaced it before I left. But I think its not as the BIOS can pick up the HD, finger crossed. In case your're wondering, I have a very old lap top, that once upon a time was top of the line......... :P

Oh well, sunday when I get back I will I know then (oh the fun of living 2 hrs from Calgary, for your information, I live in a place thats like living in Cameron Highlands, that far from civilisation). Other than shopping, eating at chinatown for Dim Sum, havent a clue what I want to do in Calgary yet. Maybe visit the air museum? Still have this thing for airplanes. I should go apply to become a Flight Attendant. Hmmmm maybe I should, then I can see the rest of North America for free! Can just imagine myself sashaying down the aisle. Good afternoon sir, would like your coffee in a cup or on your lap? Now gotta trim off that 15 kgs, would be tough to squeeze between that really really fat lady and whats left of the aisle.

My exercise program had just simply disappeared over the last 2 weeks with the hours put in for my project. Since mid OctoberI've accumulated enough time off in lieu to take 2 weeks off, mostly from month end closings. Gonna be using this for my trip back to Sg in april. As I dont have vacation pay yet since I havent worked at this place for a year so that will be cool being paid for my trip instead of no pay leave.

Its really crappy to try to work out when you're mentally dead tired (where's my iPod?). So tomorrow, I get to soak in the hot tub (can't wait!) at the hotel I'll be staying for the night and sunday and monday its back to work(outs)!

Yaayy runs and workouts again.. making me smile, I just love Jazz..

Comments:
Hey, you sound like you live in a place where mine sounds like!!! But at least you can still get decent chinese stores there yeah? Over here, recetly at least, Chinese means less jobs for the locals, which is not a very good thing.

Oh good idea, become a Trolley Dolly too...
 
*gives hi 5* l b haha you know exactly whats the distance is like. Here fortunately they are more tolerant of the chinese, whew. Well the chinatown is tiny about the size of Melbourne's but they have in Calgary a HK supermarket chain T&T that is like wow, I'm at home, can get stuff from malaysia and thailand too! Gonna get me more Belachan. I just found out they also got Chee Yoke Kon here(called singapore jerky!) haha I'm happy now.. wanna move here? :P
 
^5s back! What, and plot our Sugar Mummies strategies? *grin* I love cold weather, but not that cold lah.. But thanks for the offer. Hope you enjoy the Chee Yoke Kon, cos I will!
 
my brain kinda shut down when my eyes read the part on BIOS and CMOS.... duhhhh...

but dimsum and exercise, now that I understand! hope you have more great weekends like this!
 
Howdy, hi! I think this is first time I'm commenting here, ya? So I'll keep it brief and not scare the bejeebies offen you (unlike some people who were shocked at the length of my comment...what did they expect after tagging someone...)

I love jazz too! :) Now I know where to go when I need jazz. But errr..no Kenny G please..

Are you a photographer too? Can you take some closeups of snowflakes and post them up? They are soooo lovely, the patterns are so intricate.

I think you'd make a terrific Trolley Kenny!! *winks
 
Heeyyy..I just read your profile and you have the same astrological and zodiac sign as my hubs...

Gawd!!You're not him, are you???!!
 
spitfire
do calgary have public baths like in those in china where you can soak and have a massage? good thing to do in winter or extreme cold weather. can finish off the evening with friends over a "yin-yang" hot pot...:-P
 
exercise... same thing that I also need to do...

April? holiday already? :)
 
l b *happily munching away on chee yoke kon* maybe got lots more oppos as a trolley kenny? hehe

may haha... my mind goes into auto shut down too when i read Martha Stewart..for some reason... had lovely dimsum in calgary this morning :P I now plotting a trip to Edmonton, home of the world's largest shopping centre :D

kat welcome!!! errr I dun think I your hubby or am i? haha
After I get me a new camera, I get the pics for ya, I using a very very very tiny thing now, hmm wait I think this one can, tmw I go try
I just take pics for fun these days, I used to dabble in photography, the film kind, lonngg ago, I got tired of adjusting the settings :P

jomel I had a greeat weekend dahling, cant wait for april!!!!

see fei They call them hot springs around here, no hot pot afterwards though, ang moh country :(, but can go for swiss fondues :D

selba yes yes exercise to slim slim, yah got a return ticket I need to use by may, soooo...april I heading back to sg, good break too!!
 
Air Museum, did I hear Air Museum? *saving up for ticket already* while you're at it, where's the confederate air force?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?