Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Magic Carpet Ride

Image hosting by Photobucket 1800 Goldwing I'm eyeing :P

Motorcycling, one of my favourite pastimes is now on the back burner. Back in SG I used to ride everyday, mainly ‘cos it’s fun and helluva lot cheaper than a car. I used to have a Honda Goldwing 1500SE, for commuting and the occasional barnstorming ride up to Kuantan or Hatyai.

Image hosting by Photobucket Used to banzai a lot, though these days I'm smelling more roses, sightseeing. Besides at 200kmh you can’t hear the stereo!

Riding the Goldwing then was magical carpet ride, a super smooth flat six engine, barely humming along, a suspension so comfy, it’s the only bike I’ve ridden I could fall asleep on (a twist of the wrist woke you up instantly!), in fact many pillion riders did actually sleep. Open air, music in your ears with its stereo system, had a helmet mounted headset, could chit chat with passengers over the intercom or banter with a buddy on the next Wing over the CB. A Valentine’s Day ride up to Cameron Highlands would have been marvelous. Twisty roads, cool weather..
Image hosting by Photobucket Here, tobalek, the bikes are more expensive than the cars!!! And then there’s the ice on the roads…sigh. Even a 88 wing which you could barely sell in Singapore, fetches a ridiculously high price here. So right now all I can do is dream, until I get my Wing again, with this song by Barry White on the stereo, humming along….…

I’ll Do Anything You Want Me To
Barry White

Nothin’ and nobody
Baby, could ever take or stop
The love that I have for you
It’s very simple, you see it’s
Baby, it’s real
It’s so, so real
What I feel

I’ll do for you anything you want me to
You’re my world, my hopes and dreams
Without you, girl, it don’t mean a thing
For you I’ll do anything you want me to
You’re my world, my hopes and dreams
Without you, girl, it don’t mean a thing

I never thought that I would be knowin’
The kind of love that you have been showin’
The way you do the beautiful things you do
You really know how to make me love you

Uh, ah, can’t you see I want it
Ooh, uh, girl, I’ve been lon-lonely
Ooh, ooh, got to, got to hold you
Ooh, ooh, got to make love to you

Can’t you feel the fire
I’m burnin’ up from one desire
The thrill from loving you
I can’t help myself, I swear it’s true

I’ll do for you anything you want me to
You’re my world, my hopes and dreams
Without you, girl, it don’t mean a thing
For you, girl, I’ll do anything you want me to
You’re my world, my hopes and dreams
And without you, girl, it don’t mean a thing

I never thought that I would be feeling
Love so strong for so long and still willin’
To give you all the love I’ve got to give
For as long, as long as I’m chilling

Uh, ah, can’t you see I want it
Uh, uh, girl, I’ve been lon-lonely
Ooh, ooh, now I got to hold you
Ooh, ooh, gonna make love to you

Girl, I’ll go insane
If you ever take
The love I feel for you
I can’t help myself, I swear it’s true

I’ll do, girl, for you anything you want me to
You’re my world, my hopes and dreams
Without you, girl, it won’t mean a thing
No, no, no, no, no

I’ll do, girl, for you anything you want me to
You’re my world, my hopes and dreams
Without you, girl, it don’t mean a thing
For you I’ll do

Comments:
Motorcycling... would love to try it, but for sure I want to be the passenger :)

Whoaaa... you really love sentimentil music? you must be a really romantic person... :)
 
selba you should try a ride someday, really cool. I'm not so sure abt being romantic, I can be very MCP at times...Yeah sentimental music is great for the mood, although I do like rock too ..

S A I'm trained in the art of motorcycle riding in asia. If you can ride in Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore you can ride anywhere! besides singapore has THE toughest graduated level motorcycle licencing in the world, it will take you 4 years before you even get a licence to ride a Wing! Most ppl give up before that. I went for my conversion test here in Canada and whoa, this is kindergarden stuff.
 
Man, I miss my Raleigh Chopper now. But would need to do something about adding Barry White to that.
 
Hello Black Knight! I don't have much experience with bikes except to ask a bimbo question: Where should a girl place her hands on the biker? Shoulders? Waist? I felt very nervous once (aa-ages ago) when I rode on a bike with a guy whom I was not interested in. What do you do with the hands? Shoulders? Would that be safe? Waist? Ugh...

No worries. I didn't marry the biker. Anyone who makes you nervous, don't marry.

MS, out with bimbo-ness!:D
 
l b Raleigh Chopper!!! I had one for like years, 3 speed gearbox somemore, like a car's in the middle of the frame. A boy's fantasy then haha. Actually this bicycle was what got me started biking in the first place. Discovered I could go a Looooot further with an engine :p even as a kid I was into touring, on a bicycle.

jomel *eyes red mini dress* if this goes on I gotta date ya! :D

Mother S Hmmm. kinda trickey for a girl eh, butch version is to not hold on to anything :P Actually most bikes have handrails to hang on to. In the absence of which, throwing modesty into the wind, using hands, hold on to the waist where the belt line is, do not tickle, do not give a bear hug....can't breath...gasp..... On sports bikes, you actually place your hands on the gas tank. :)
 
S A sure why not :)
 
I only rode once ever behind a little "kapchai" scooter. it felt strangely exposed. now that I go mountain biking more, I could kinda relate, except I need to pedal... lol!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?