Friday, February 24, 2006

Music Rocks

Image hosting by Photobucket
Ok enough of the melancholy.

Now I know why my CD collection got a lot more songs like this one by Maksim. More upbeat music gets you moving and grooving, yeah baby. Anytime I need a pick me up, Van McCoy is always a sure bet.

Years ago I used to learn how to play the piano, until I got tired of classical music, didn't appreciate it then. If Earth Wind and Fire's After The Love is Gone was the examination piece, man I would probably have aced it. *sees myself playing one hot set of keys now (day dreaming again)* but alas it was not to be and I dropped out and joined the school band instead. Boy did I had fun, (remember this was primary school, you didn't know you had to study later) it was a marching and concert band, complete with fancy turns and all. I had a valve trombone, heavy but kinda cool. Spent so many loving hours polishing it lovingly and then there was the uniforms, I got wear a jacket and tie for the very first time. But then PSLE had to show up, I stopped playing and I never got back into in Sec school, kena banned from playing in the band by my mom. So parents let your kids do what they are good at, never know who's the next Yanni.........Sigh.

So as part of my mid life resurgence, I've recently been eyeing this Yamaha keyboard for sometime liao, my hands are itching to get back. Probably won't play like Maksim but I think I can get ok with some practice (LOTS of practice.......) Nice thing about a keyboard like this, is that it has all the built in synthesizers, so it doesn't require that I have the dexterity of a 12 fingered alien. Image hosting by PhotobucketIts all about programming hehe. Most importantly, its got a earphone jack !!! My neighbours don't have to murder me or commit suicide now. But like a typical Libra, I'm still on the fence, hawing, and humming and going back to the shop to see it for the thousandth time.



Ho Humming......

Comments:
A great idea to buy that keyboard :) Would like to hear you playing someday (maybe you can put in your music box, so everyone can hear it).
 
Selba, sure can! errr my performance may come with a box of waxed cotton wool for ear plugs...:P
now you a kitty?
 
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Away with the M E L A N C H O L I C posts!!! Viva!! Let's talk about Rock! Nice pic of Rock btw..
See, if you get a MacBook, there's this great built-in program called Garage Band that makes you not only better than Maksim, but you can even surge ahead of Earth Wind & Fire! I kid you not (fingers crossed)!
 
ooooh, I just noticed you did away with the Word V thing too! O Happy Day!!
 
Yeah.. yeah.. yeah... am for LB...

Sometimes is good being a melancholic, but too much will drag all your good energy level away.

Oh, it's a little tiger and a little mouse, cute isn't it? ;)
 
Haha Albie! you part time sales person for Apple! I've always been a MS user, from the days of DOS until now. Yeah yeah why buy a Fiat when you can buy a BMW hor.... somehow I link tinkering... LOL

Ms Tigress, that little mouse Albie? :P
 
Yipeee... you put Maksim in you music box!!! COOL!!! Love Maksim!!! Am listening it now :)

Little mouse is LB? dunno... you better ask him loh :P
 
Hi flyboy! ...nice blog you have here. yeah I like Maksim's Claudine, Hana's eyes and Exodus.
Credit must be given to the composer of Claudine and Hana's eyes. Sometimes, I can't help but wonder how beautiful they must've been to inspire such a beautiful composition...and of course, delivered brilliantly by Maksim.
 
What's with you Snake Librans and keyboards?? *grins* My hubs is also like you, has been itching to buy a keyboard for years (he never had the chance to learn when he was young) and now his excuse is to buy it for our daughter.. *eyes rolling*

Please play After The Love is Gone when you get your keyboard. Love this song!

Here's a joke to share with you (didn't want to do it in your previous post cause it would be in poor taste. Hope you won't be offended as this is not to make light of your concerns..)


The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

On the other hand, the French eat a lot of fat and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

Conclusion:

Eat & drink what you like. It's speaking English that kills you.


Cocka - *eyes big big* We have a cultured bird here...now who would've known that from reading your posts in Helen's blog...shall we call you Le Coq de Culture instead..?
 
hi maksim i like!! quickly get that keyboard. will be your first pair of guinea pig. need some practice as wifey also think of investing in a piano.
 
*squeak*
 
Good morning... it's sunday morning. 6.32 am, cloudy, in Jakarta (so do I sound like a weather cast already?).

How's you new pc? managed to go to calgary? Your gold medal at LB's blog is taken by me, hehehe...
 
Kat....hmm, Moi like that nick, 'Le Coq de Culture' hehe..
 
alamak, so many peeahnoe playeres here, ok lets set up a band shall we? We can call ourselves Maksim's Groupies

Jomel, i wonder if can network the pianos on the net or not? then can do duets, you do the treble notes and I will whack the bass notes :P

Welcome Cocka aka Le Coq de Culture! Yeah if my piano exam pieces were arranged like Maksin's that one sure oso pass then

Alamak Kat, die lah *pun intended* like that, living in a english speaking countryy *runs and hides under the bed*, we are Librans mah, like tthe "good" life hehe

albie, I nearly bot a hamster today..... :D
 
see fei, you sure you wanna be guinea pig, I dont have liability insurance leh
 
"Killing Me Softly with Your Song"? Let your horse come. i am all ears. Dont worry, got seasoned ears (from a relative nagging)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?