Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Oh to be a Squirrel

Image hosting by Photobucket

When you're an infant, you don't have a care in the world

When you are in kindergarten, you discover a whole new world of sesame street and playtime

When you get to primary school, another world opens up, teachers, timetables and a trombone in the school band

Secondary school along came softball, metal workshops (tool time!), chemistry labs (danger blast zone) and the girls from the convent next door, haiz

A levels came around and so did the World Cup and we all wanted to be Paolo Rossi

National service, sergeants barking in your face, doing a thousand push ups (really), bloodied knuckles from the push ups (still have the scars) and sun tanning at the beach every other day..what a life

And then reality came along..

Work till age 30, slog for the sake of slogging, coffee was for duds, didn't know better then, work, eat, sleep, study (OMG I can't believe I did it for that long)

Work pass age 30, enjoy the fruits of work, cars, credit cards, pubs, speeding motorcycles, riding a harley davidson then meant the end of the world

Work till age 40, darn, your metabolism starts to slow, the roses by the roadside stops being a red blur and resemble actual flowers, a harley davidson isnt the end of the world now and noticed how John Travolta looks heavier now, even after toning up for Basic (looking for a skinny mirror)

Work past 40, discover you now start to use reading glasses, the energy levels are not quite the same, coffee is now a friend and moisturiser is not a four letter word

Tell you more when I get to 50, get back to me in another 10 years then I tell you

Meanwhile these red mantled squirrels have it good, eat sleep, harrass tourists, have sex, make babies, what more do they need?

Squirrel Movie (right click->save target as for faster download)

by some kind of coincidence, nuclear quantum connectivity?, lb also did a kind of montage.....

Comments:
aiyayaya..... so squirrels have better life than us? thought pigs have better life than us, since they can get an orgasm for the whole full of 30 minutes, hahaha....
 
ok next life I wanna be a squirrel (can't cope with 30min orgasms).. I wanna harrass all those tourists for sex..
 
I think I'd rather be a chipmunk than a squirrel. they're way cuter, and I get to marry Chip & Dale...
 
Your life is so well strung in these lines. I like the part of the moisturiser. I seem to be using that more nowadays! Oh, help!!

JoMel: SO HUGE!!! But very nice and elegant, gorgeous!
 
Selba, goodness, a 30min orgasm, grey hairs will grow very quickly! *sees mojo being sucked away*

lb, ya ya Squirrels have it good, can climb trees to run away from MILs or jealous husbands too :D

May, Squirrels are cuter, trust me :D

Mother S, Size = elegeance nice way to see things :P
 
SA, I still got another 8 months to go before 41 come along..:P
 
LOL at jealous husbands!!!
 
:o)
 
Hmmm... I was just wondering, if you allow me to wonder, abt your Catholic school next to the convent girls' and turning 41 soon... Was there a Yap Weng Lock in your batch?

Sorry, not stalking. Just curious cos Yaps was my neighbour.
 
Hmmm...not that I can recall
 
No worries.
*whistle as eyes look to sky*
 
spitfire wat liao...so insightful. but life is like that.
when you are ...
0-20 you world is in your parents hand
21-40 in your own hands
40 and above out of your hands.

After 40s, we are lost and stuck... with the 5Cs, some with negative assets, crying babies or demanding teens (cant tahan "stand" those always talk abt their angst. i can talk about my angst too, if i dont have to work & someone pays the bills), dead end jobs etc

welcome to the club! older but wiser!!
 
Mother S, really lah I know of one Yap, but not this one, eh which school u thinking abt ah :)

see fei, haha I can see you are there too
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?