Monday, February 27, 2006

Snowy Sundays

Image hosting by Photobucket Ahhh Sundays, supposedly a day of relaxation, contemplation, breakfast in bed, watching the snow flakes fall.

Naturally it was anything but this idyllic dream.

Since I slept at almost 4am last night (fixing you know who), I woke up a wee bit later today at 10am, wah snowing quite a bit, going to Banff today, I hope the roads are clear, don't want to get stuck in the middle of the highway.

I hopped into my metal chariot and scooted off to Banff for a Sri Lankan curried lunch (what I would do for some chicken rendang so this is the next best thing), grabbed some groceries and dvds to last me the week (hah! finally got Flightplan), dropped by Circuit City to salivate at a digicam. Just salivate for now, broke after pc bits and pieces.

So after ogling, sped home to finish off reassembling the PC, along the way back, saw a whole bunch of emergency vehicles by the road. Someone in a SUV had spun off the road, probably not on winter tires, the roads were pretty snow covered today, didn't take any pics, the blowing snow would have made for blurry pics (if I only had that digicam I was eyeing *looks around for sugar mummies*). The occupants looks to be ok, huge bank of snow to cushion them. The car was funny, the nose partly pointing to sky like its saying "why me?"

Fixed PC --> fast forward to now

Now as I type this, I am happily using my revitalised PC and finally got Sound Blaster quality music to pipe into my ears, ahhhhhhhhh Heaven. The old notebook I was using was not exactly ear soothing.

Digging through my CDs, I found this classic by Quincy Jones, The Dude. The most famous track is Just Once by James Ingram. Looking at the label, it was released the year I was doing my O levels. Good grief, that was like 24 years ago. How time flies.

Meanwhile I got another lesser known track also sung by James Ingram from the song up in the tune box. Gonna dedicate this to Jomel who's needs a little bit of lovin' right now...

Everyday should be like this, eat, sleep, play computer, watch snow flakes fall....but tomorrow is monday and the start of month end madness once again....yippee...I get to collect more hours off-in-lieu for my vacation! :o)

Comments:
Hmmm, I had to use RSS to get into here.. Your usual URL took me to a blank page with some grey waves at the bottom... Fatt Hao too? :-) Or just me getting the weird URL?

James Ingram 4 stars
Quicy Jones 4.5 stars

Both great!
 
maybe it was just me.. I can get back here now without any trouble.. weird.. must have been a snowstorm blurred me up earlier.
 
Yeah prob the snowstorm burying the URL. Had problems uploading just now, was so damn long.....
 
James Ingram - one of my favourites too. One Hundred Ways is also very nice. Used to bury myself in his songs.
 
James Ingram good. hmmmm... I'm trying to remember if I was in secondary school then... LOL!

hey, you know how you have your music player on your blog & all, but for some odd reason, I'm never able to hear the tune or see the player controls. weird, isn't it?
 
Hah?? You mean you actually have songs too?? Not just lyrics?? How come cannot play??

Such a coincidence, I just dug out my old James Ingram cassette(imagine how old it is, still on cassette!!) and was listening to it. Felt great singing along with him. 'Just Once' used to be my karaoke favourite..

When I was listening to 'One Hundred Ways', for some strange reason I kept thinking of LB...
 
lb, The gremlims are still here eh...

Mother S, yeah I think he already retired James Ingram, never hear him any more LOL

Kat, I didn't set it up to autoplay the mucic. The way the song playback works is to click on the music bar play button (top left of page, you need to have a media player installed, realplayer, windows etc)which will start the download, wait for oh so many minutes, depending if you on fast line or super slow like me (then its forver) for the download to complete then click the play button again to playback

May, u using Apple right? farnee leh, lb can play, maybe better ask him why...

:)
 
Erm, yeah, I can play, listen, save as, etc.... in here.

I wonder why May can't from here... because I am using fantasyflier's code too! The only difference I can think of is that I made mine longer.. A men's thing.

(BTW, May's not Apple yet ~ just an Apple Wannabe ATM) May, you can hear mine at mine?

Kat?!! One Hundred Ways?!! Mood Indicator, please? :-)
 
LOL *eyes Kat's One Hundred Ways*

SA, I'm a bean counter lah, or rather acorn counter no beans growing here. I have one set of all season tires for spring to fall and then another set winter tires for winter. They make a BIG difference, my regular tires are all season and even then, just touch the brakes and you will slide... hmmm enough to gripe about for a post on this...
 
too bad you din have you camera. would like to see a snow-covered street scene at your area
 
LB - *still in dreamy mood from listening to track #16* The advice given in the song sounds like something you would do... don't be so kan cheong-lah!! *grins* Tell me when you've replied to my comments, whenever.. *the cat curls up for a catnap*
 
kat ~ I've replied to about 50%.. the others still in cold storage..

I am kancheong, or I am not kancheong?! LOL..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?