Friday, February 10, 2006

TGIF Not!

Brrrrr… it was cold this morning –25C no wonder I was shivering in the car, took an eternity to warm it up. The forecast was only for a low of –15C over the night, sheesh. The Weather Channel is now one of my fav tv shows :P, is it gonna be sunny, snow, cold, warm, just nice .... oh btw Vancouver had 58 days of non-stop rain kinda thing to keep you interested in that goggle box.

Just found out I got another LOOONNG weekend coming up ….. for work that is. L .

Drat, I gotta work this Sunday, have to finish some billings by the middle of next week, so now I gotta do my planned Calgary trip over one day instead of having the weekend there. Got so many places to go in Calgary. Pick up spare parts for the car, my desktop computer from sg arrived together with my other stuff but I need to get a new power supply unit cos it’s the wrong voltage for the old one. New monitor too, old one can’t be used here, wrong voltage again. Then there is my shopping for asian foods at T&T supermarket yummy, can get quite a lot of stuff there, like they sell PRIMA’s packets for Mee Siam, Laksa etc and oh yes have to get more Chili sauce! Love dried crushed Thai Chili, sets your brain on fire..

Sigh, so much for a nice relaxing Weekend

Does anyone remember this song by Frankie Avalon?

UPDATE:
Venus (click for music, karaoke style!)

Hey, Venus
Oh, Venus

Venus, if you will
Please send a little girl for me to thrill
A girl who wants my kisses and my arms
A girl with all the charms of you

Venus, make her fair
A lovely girl with sunlight in her hair
And take the brightest stars up in the skies
And place them in her eyes for me

Venus, goddess of love that you are
Surely the things I ask
Can't be too great a task

Venus, if you do
I promise that I always will be true
I'll give her all the love I have to give
As long as we both shall live

Venus, goddess of love that you are
Surely the things I ask
Can't be too great a task

Venus if you do
I promise that I always will be true
I'll give her all the love I have to give
As long as we both shall live

Hey, Venus
Oh, Venus
Make my wish come true

~~~
Thu - C, some hogs on the treadmill....dang

Comments:
Frankie Avalon? *scratches head* heheheh! I know the singer but not familiar with the song. I have to work this weekend too... in fact, I'm in the office right now on a Saturday morning! *big sigh*
 
Aww... gives may a hug to keep company

Jomel, *ticket being couried* .....:)
 
hmm, for once I can say that the song pre-dates me!!! LOL... I hope.
 
l b, 1959 dearie, wayyyy before your time ya :P

s a, fat chance it will be done in one day, but i will dream on.....
 
Oh, songs of Frankie Avalon really dates back. I wasn't crazy over his songs, but it's interesting that you brought back his song for reminiscence.

Btw, 1959 is NOT my era, just that I happen to know the song. Congrats to May for knowing even Frankie Avalon!
 
It's a very nice song, but also predates me. Honest!
Hope your weekend has gone well.
*hug/wave*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?