Thursday, March 16, 2006

Activities, not.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Jasper National Park
The area around here is filled with lush beautiful scenery, your own personal Shangri La. Lakes, scenic drives, mountains, wildlife you name it.
But
You can only see these during the day.
At night, yawwnnnnnnn, its big time boredom. The main form of entertainment here at night are pubs, pubs and more pubs. What to expect in a place populated mainly by people under 30 and unmarried. The nearest cinema is 60km away. Can't afford to eat out everyday, no shopping centres so DVD rentals become very popular. There, of course, is always the telly,Image hosting by Photobucketbut the spud will start to sprout faster and anchor on the couch than the bubonic plague. Thankfully the provincial government has passed a law banning smoking indoors this year. However the days of drinking, getting drunk are long over. Been there done that, no kick anymorebesides its a expensive habit. At least blogging allows to poke a stick here there, but the response time is atrocious. Messenger, forget it as the time difference is so great its easier to chat with a Pine Marten than trying to catch friends.
So last week while browsing in Banff came along this $9 gem. My eyes brightened, my heart started pounding faster, it pushed my button for my other passionate addiction. Games. Haven't played this for ages...yummy, educational too, cheaper than Robert Kiyosaki's cashflow game. This teaches you that too, as I learned early on. Yummy.......pardon me if I don't blog as often.....

Image hosting by Photobucket


Comments:
Another GOLD again! Haha, I'm actually in office waiting for my boss to meet me to discuss the awwwful report.

I play Monopoly once a week with my kids cos Grace's adding and subtraction is still not quite there. But I play with such great speed cos I'm both banker, planner for who to win on which day, and strategising that I lose just so the kids get to win. Sigh... things mothers do.

OK, time's up! Eh, when are you coming back to Kiasuland?
 
wah lau mother rigger of games somemore LOL sacrifices sacrifices haha
*hangs gold medal arounds Mother Rigger's neck* numero uno!
er I back 6 apr and gone by 21.....
 
Waaaa, you gonna play Monopoly with the chipmunks?!! Chippendale Special Nite?! :-) *G*... waa, this Mama Superior TERROR today!! 2 golds already! Better than the whole of Kiasuland at the Olympics..... ...... But at least I stand next to her on the podium eh? What? Run out of Silver?!!
 
Lil' Bkworm has been trying to get me to play Monopoly with her for ages but I've been making excuses not to. Actually, ah, don't know how to play.
 
Lb, *pulls silver medal from chipmunk hidden bunker and hangs it around albie's neck, dang chipmunks hoarding everything, goes back to game with chippy*

bkworm, very easy to play, just rol dice and pay lots of money. sometimes money comes your way too. but the real fun is negotiating to buy sell properties so you can build an empire *wahhhhaaa evil laughter* eh did I just say that? having an empire? me? simple ole me? ..*wwohhoaaa more evil laughter*

Jomel, hey you and bkworm can go online and play oso! then we have round table, 3 of us plus the chipmunk.....

cyn, *gonna temp cyn more with more beautiful pictures* if I had a telephoto cam like yours I'd have snapped a pic of a grizzly frolicking last summer... grin
 
gosh, Monopoly! when I went to london last year, I ordered a pack of Monopoly property cards from eBay to be sent to my friend's place, so when I got there I could visit all of 'em - Trafalgar Sq, Bow St, Hyde Park, etc. but the pack never came! :(( so disappointing. still went around, though not quite complete of all the properties listed.
 
SA, yup it allows online gaming, you game? :P

May, wah what a way to see london...nice!
 
Whoever's playing, can I be teh banker? :-)
 
I would trade places with you anytime, flyboy. The mountains, lakes,chipmunks, elks. and the pubs of course.
 
Mother S, of course! just brings lots of cash *rubs hands in glee*

cocka, come come you most welcome! this means I get to drive yr mercedes ah? ;)
 
"below 30 and unmarried..."

This sounds like Paradise. I'm so sorry but... there are so many things ppl below 30 and unmarried can do!! I wanna go there , I wanna go there!!

Monopoly..... tsk tsk.... strip monopoly? lol

Psst, I was of course referring to bible reading and hymn singing......
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?