Monday, March 06, 2006

Balmy Monday

Image hosting by Photobucket OMG, there's sun! there sun! The sun has finally risen high enough in the sky for it to peek into my office today. We have this little skylight in the roof and the sun was just at the right angle to shine a ray of light at me, its so refreshing. I took the afternoon off today, drove in to Banff to visit the bank to pull out my passport and airticket from the safe deposit box (I live in staff accomodation, never keep valuables around) so I can make my reservation for my trip back home next month. While coming into Banff, I saw a priceless moment and no camera!!!! It was in the trunk, damn. A whole herd of female Elk was nonchantly crossing the street in front of the hospital. Went to renew the car's registration also. After paying a King's ransom for road tax in Singapore, the registration renewal was laughably cheep cheep. Cost me all of CDN$75 bucks for the whole year. The SG roadtax would have broke my bank at SGD$1,000 (for a 1.6liter), about CDN$715, ten times more! Insurance costs the same though :-(

Image hosting by Photobucket After the bank and the registry, I went for my weekly date with the suntanning bed. Here you are so wrapped up, you hardly get any sun, so the tanning salon is a nice way to get your Vitamin D and keep your brain cells perky and bright. I usually spend a short time tanning about 10 mins or so, just enough UV to avoid overdoing it. But then again, I used to ride a motorcycle back home so I'm pretty used to the sun! So after the tanning session, dropped by my favourite (and only) dvd rental store and grabbed me this, Batman vs Dracula looks promising

Comments:
Good Grief!! You go tanning?!!! Wowie! Sounds great!
Good Grief!! Batman vs Dracula?!!! Sounds horrible!!!
 
Sun tanning? hahaha... never heard any Asian went for sun tanning... can you take a pic of the suntanning bed, is it like the capsule with blue light?
 
sun tanning? in ur bd suit? i watched FD3, suntaning was one way to go. make sure the rack (if any) above your tanning bed is not loose ;-)
 
Batman Vs Dracula?? Should've gone with Barney vs Godzilla. LOL

You go tanning like that one ar?? Psst.. can just take a pic of your hand (or whatever part you're willing to bare) for us to see ar....
 
errr... *looks at fantasyflier*... still a little pale, no? teehee! here I am trying to stay in the shade and not get too dark from all the outdoor activities I go for, and you go for tanning instead. why not just buy a bottle of instant tan... *kekekeke*!
 
Hmmm... My sun block is 50+ and I run away from the sun as much as I can. Not cos I hate it, just don't want to be 'chao ta'. I'm brown enough anyway (thank God!). (Sure...)

And what's this I hear that you'll be back next month? :-)

Agree with LB, Batman vs Dracula must be horrible. Yes?
 
Albie,
Yes tanning is shiok and actually very good for you, take teaspoons a day to ward off any skin diseases.
Just watched B vs D and it wasn’t so bad, actually quite nicely done.

Selba,
When I was doing my NS, I used to go tanning every single day until I looked like Mengali…..
Ok next time I take pic for you.


See Fei,
yup in yr BD suit lar, if not got bikini outline showing up! Cannot let ppl see I’m wearing a bra right? LOL

Groovy Jomel,
Yes yes, Hao is my middle name oso. Fly Hao Boy, FHB that’s me * wide grin *

Helen,
Barney vs Godzilla wouda be terrible, * eyes fried Barney from Godzilla fiery breath *

Whatever part I’m willing to bare…hmmm….if you looking to see the tan, it ain’t gonna show up much…if you are looking for a bit of voyeurism * pssssh meet me in the closet * LOL

May,
instant tan is just cosmetics but not healthy for yr skin...

Mother S,
This is farnee, over here everybody trying to get darker cos they are so pale!
Ya me back in sg for 2 weeks next month :P the food courts all better watch out, the terror is coming….

Nope B vs D was a pretty good movie actually, its just a horrible title.
 
"A whole herd of female Elk......"
It was your scent wasn't it?? LOL
Btw, what's the game license fee for elk hunting?
 
Cocka, yeah they following my scent LOL. Actually i havent got a clue whats the fee, besides its illegal to hunt in a national park and these guys know it!
 
Won't show up that obvious huh?? Guess nothing beats the real thing! lol

So, I bet you'll be stocking up those tan lotions when u come home!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?