Monday, March 27, 2006

Banff and Sulphur Mountain

So I spent part of the day checking out Banff, which was really an excuse to go sightseeing in my own backyard, the best part of the day was up in Sulphur Mountain. To be able to see the entire Bow Valley, to have clouds hanging right in front of you. Now If I could only do something about the tourists and the bitter -10C windchill.....

Clouds, Banff, the Bow Valley, the white serpent snaking thru the valley is the Bow River and note a very frozen Lake Minnewanka at the base of the mountains, thats some 10km away
Image hosting by Photobucket

The 1956 Cosmic Ray Station atop Mt Sulphur
Image hosting by Photobucket

Now I can report I'm pretty happy with the Nikon. Great for all but the most extreme shots, sharp, useful scene mode, pretty good zoom and it came with this nifty panaromic software which I could splice pics together!
Image hosting by Photobucket

The cam was fash enough to catch the upper Bow River Falls' rushing waters with the zoom...
Image hosting by Photobucket

From a moving car, it locked on to the mountain, see the blurred foreground trees, Mt Fairview
Image hosting by Photobucket

The only bear I've seen all winterImage hosting by Photobucket











and by special request...me :P
Image hosting by Photobucket


Comments:
Is that really, really you?? Hee! Hee! Handsem and cool, wor!
 
Waaa waaaaii!!!!!! See what eating a whole durian all by yourself can do to you?!!! Sulphur Mountain!

Good to finally see you as a face too! Very 'Aviator'!
 
I saw the valley... I saw the sky... and the river...and the mountains...

but all was forgotten when I got to the last picture! waaaahhhhh!!!

more more more! I support JoMel's request! more more more!
 
**swoons @ the last pic**

*sings* ...macho macho man...

nice scenery... nice body... oops... LOL!

*joins the gang*
camwhore more!!
more camwhore!!
more more more!!
 
Now that you have a new camera, can take picture of snowflake again??

Yes, yes..take it off, take it off..

Them sunglasses, I mean...

When are you going to Singapore again? Since it's soooo hot over here, how's about some pictures of topless you...?? You can pose at East Coast Park....
 
Bkworm, yeap that’s me * blushing *

Albie, haha a whole durian is good yah? Clears the system LOL
Eh aviator meh? Tot more like mountain hillbilly :P

Jomel, *need to rest sore back after piggyback ride, whew some ride , grins*

May, eh good things must wait :D

Angel, *gently picks a swooned angel from floor and put on chair*
Still wanna ride my car? :P

Eh, whats camwhore? * still scratching head *

Simple American, yeah it’s a toss up between a feast for the eyes or a feast for the tummy
*thinks about it* feast for tummy’s better!

Kat, can! But gotta wait for it to snow again then fresh pic!
I’ll be back in SG next week!!!
*does a lion dance* eh topless pic? You first *grin*
 
Haha, FF, pardon me, but you do look like the Nominated MP, Steve Chia. He's actually quite ok looking just that the media likes to show him unshaved or blur without specs. Er... he posed nude too! LOL!!!

OK, you look better,lah.
 
MS, actually I've met Steve Chia before he became a NMP those were during our motorcycling juants with the different groups. He's also another bike nutter like me thats y maybe the likeness LOL
 
Men, they love their toys too much...

Btw, if you are in Singapore next week or so, maybe they will announce elections day! Your timing is so chun.
 
haha still prob no chance to vote, have not voted since doggone, cant even remember when, the 1980's I think. all my constituencies were walkovers!!!
 
OK... Jomel, backup here!! 2 truckloads of horny rabbits screamed "CAMWHORE CAMWHORE!..."

**fall down from chair after seeing pic ** Nice pictures. Nice model... .. what????!!!!.... that one not your hired model?? Huh? It's you???

But, but you're so gorgeous!

Sorry, nice scenery but, I'm too engrossed with the hunk to notice. :-)
 
aiyah... tot u look like steve job ...not bad lah... steve chia i am still 50% reit LOL

nice pic! and surprise the electronic in the cam didnt freeze up.
 
helen, waahhahaa my toes wriggly laughing, 2 truck loads? I love rabbits, naughty but damn cute and fun. aiyoh another one who need tiger balm.....*gives some to helen to rub rub*

seefei, its a nikon! but the batteries gotta keep warm, the colder the faster it runs out..

jomel, wait wait need to reinforce back first....

SCB, welcome! looks like u got a lot of catching up to do :P haha my hair color should be a dead giveaway. come come I make nasi lemak.... :D
 
*smiles sweetly @ ff and sends currents to his eyes, oh but before that, removes his sunglasses*

this is camwhore
:D

of course i STILL wanna ride your car, your bike, your errr... your errrr... :P
 
angel, hmmmmm come ride my bike with me first *blink blink* ;;)
 
Oh, I finally got to know what Cam whore is through angel.
 
More.. more... more... uhmmm more what? aiyooo.. of course more of your pics leh... kekekeke :D

pleaseeeeeeeeeee......
 
hehehe
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?