Friday, March 24, 2006

A difficult choice

The other day, thanks to my very buttery buttered fingers, I managed to drop my cam (thats y no more new pics). At first I thought it was ok, but later I found the battery cover could not close properly. So officially its broken, might still be able to fix it by replacing the case, my guess repairing it will cost more (here at least cos of high labour) than a new one for a similar amount of money. *sniff sniff a moment of silence*

So poor me, after doing a lot of research, came up with 2 possible contenders for replacement. Both have at least 3X zoom ( I really wanted the 10X zoom wan but I think once I move to the city I won't use it so much). Both are 4megapixel to keep the price down (previous was only 2meg!). Every thing else very simlar and most importantly both are cheap cheap cos I'm spending a bomb to fly back next month.

So here we have:

The Canon A430
Image hosting by Photobucket

The Nikon L4
Image hosting by Photobucket

The Canon is $10 less a bit bigger and has a 4x zoom.
The Nikon is smaller lighter and is "branded".

Tomorrow we shall see as I head into town and get my paws on them to test......

Comments:
Go for the canon. Easier handling.
 
other considerations

battery requirement
less is better

storage card compatibility w your old cam

actually nikon is a slow comer to the digital camera biz. they are big in slr camera, not digital camera. nikon earlier digital model bombs. the brand name in this biz is sony and canon.
 
yet another consideration...

In my own experience, Olympus is best in digi cam....

idham.
 
Ouch! I'm sorry to hear that, and am feeling the hurt for you right now. I'm a Nikon gal myself. Don't know why. Just one of those things. Even though only one of my three babies is a Nikon, given a choice, I go Nikon anytime. My two cents worth. hehe
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?