Saturday, March 11, 2006

The One Sport I Follow like Religion....


Image hosting by Photobucket
Who's out there? Watching race cars percolating.


Image hosting by PhotobucketI was in a funk for most of friday's afternoon after getting news that regional office wanted to do a review on monday! what short notice. Later it got a little better when it was postponed to the following monday but I was pretty pissed. Salvation came late late in the evening or early morning rather when my fvaourite sport came back. Formula One Racing yippeeee... I stayed up till 4am just to catch the Qualifying session. As the world's most fastest and most expensive sport it spends more money than some countries, estimated at US$2.8 BILLION last year), it's got the driver and gear head in me all tingly with excitement. Image hosting by PhotobucketLadies just try to imagine sitting through 2 hours of a show of glittering diamonds, ipods, burberry fashion etc and you get the idea how I feel. This year I'm cheering for Ferrari, last year it was McLaren, but this year I fancy red and finally, I humbly, sincerely and somewhat reluctantly concede Michael Schumacher is the greatest driver of his time.... in terms of results. But my all time favourite greatest is still Ayrton Senna, this guy had unbelievable car control, even better than Michael I'll bet. He finally equaled Ayrton's all time pole position record... after 14 years, Ayrton took only 10 years to get there and in inferior cars...sadly he was killed in a race in 1994. More people turned out in Brazil for his funeral than they attended the world cup.

And then this morning after dragging myself out of bed, drove to Canmore some 85km away to wash the car, that's the nearest car wash, you have the option of a drive thru or DIY. I did the DIY, felt energetic today. Image hosting by PhotobucketGotta wash off all that road salt and grime, else the car will be a mess. Then I headed in Banff 20 km back, to have a nice sumpteous chinese restaurant lunch, ahhhh didn't have siew yoke but got siew arp (harp without the H, roasted bbq duck), yummy. Then I caught a movie 16 Blocks, some twists here there, an overdose of 2 guys searching souls and a old Bruce Willis. I'd give it a B rating, some for the buddy talk scenes were to draggy.... then I found this CD and grabbed it to further my research for the best female singer on earth. Give you my 2 cents on this CD later.


Tonight, 4am, F1 the main race, I'll be a Panda tomorrow.

Comments:
85km for a car wash????
 
Haha, definitely trying to read your mind! Well, your other post did push me along in that direction a bit too ma.. re: Karen Carpenter.

Our company used to sponsor F1 at Phoenix some many years ago.. and Nelson Piquet too..
 
Thats sound like big country living. Driving 85 km for a car wash n another 20 km for siu arp. remind me of stint in shanghai a few years back. use to take the round trip of 100 km after work from suzhou just to have dinner in shanghai with friends. i call that the big country mentality.

look forward to your 2 cents on "Voices"
 
F1 is on TV right now!!! wuuusssssshhhhh.......
 
jomel, that cd not bad leh, good investment LOL

bkworm, yup alllllll the way there to wash car..:(

albie, wah you got go any races or not ah?

cyn, alamak, your dad there, I here, never mind, we can use telemetry to communicate....

seefei, definitely big country, in fact so big canada is the world's second largest country...

selba, ya ya i watching right now :P
 
it was on while I was baking. I dunno who won... hahaha! hope you enjoyed the race, Panda Eyes... ;)
 
Ok, the race is over! Ferrari is back! but still Renault won the game :) hehehe...
 
Flyboy, driving 85 klicks to wash your car? By the time you get back wouldn't the car be dirty again? LOL

Hmm...F1. Can't wait for it to do the rounds in Sepang. Plenty of partying by the sponsors at bangsar and KL.
 
may, race was good! thanks to new regulations now got more overtaking

selba, :-(

cocka, lucky you!

SA, the coke only got me to 2am, for 4am I'll need a double red bull! LOL
 
Hello Panda :) How are you today?
 
*yawn* its like being jet lagged selba
 
How could u change n support Ferrari instead??!!
Ishhh...sorry dude for the outburst. I'm a die-hard Mclaren fan.hahaha
 
Panda - how are u feeling?? How was your CD... u give your reviews lar!! BTW... I nowadays found a few great MP3 sites and dun think I'll fork out money to buy CDs. :-P
 
jacy, competition! for all you know next race its back to McLaren :D

helen, me tv jet lagged, *applies foundation to hide black eyes* :P

hey hey share share the sites leh....
 
aiyoh bachelor life how nice!! the significant one will sms from the bedroom if i dont go in 10 min after her...
 
wah lau married life so shiok, get called to the bedroom within 10 mins!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?