Thursday, March 23, 2006

Whew a solid week training

Ok my road back to fitness is more or less on track. I gotta admit, I've been living the low life aka couch life for the last couple of weeks. Ahhhhh nothing like a nice comfy armchair in front of the telly, munching nuts, tacos, chips :P ok ok I could feel the ounces piling on, the cholestrol choking up, ole Vince McMahon sneering at me (I got his cover staring at me). My marathon training got curtailed by a twisted knee during skiing, but mainly I could feel my knee ain't happy doing that kinda of speed and mileage....so now back to work......yippee..

Image hosting by PhotobucketLast saturday and sunday, I did a 2 day course in Standard First Aid and Level C CPR (cardio pulmonary resuscitation, aka the kiss and pump of life). Since I last did my certification 3 years ago, it was a great refresher course as well as see what's new (like the unconcious choking rescue has changed although the old method still works well, simplification....). It was also rather useful that the instructor was a firefighter so he managed to regale us with some tales of on the job which I shall not go into detail...(gory!) Suffice to say, I passed, with a 100% score somemore, something I did not expect since I didn't really prepare (see Helen, Jomel, I'm like you guys, last minute study) and I got snookered by the instructor (I was daydreaming as usual) into believing that the sample questions at the back of the manual was very similar to the test question which it was not!

So I've been whacking at the gym this week, training everyday since monday. I usually do one body part per session. Its a solid one hour (more than 45mins your glycogen stores are not enough for the same high intensity) of chest exercises on monday, tuesday was shoulders and arms, yesterday I crashed early (no surprise, sore!! but woke up at 2am (damn roommate make so much noise coming back) and went job hunting online, so I'm left with today to do my legs and back, whew, that's some combination. (Tomorrow night I'm working at the store and sat I'm going to Calgary for more Dim Sum.....Slurp!)

Image hosting by Photobucket My biggest surprise was that after not doing any leg work for some 3 months, I'm still able to squat some 250lbs or 120kg using an olympic bar and finished it off with 3 sets of seated inclined leg presses of 520lbs or 225 kgs. Tomorrow I know I'm gonna die.....

Everyone has got their favourite exercises and mine is the squat. It's also the single most hated exercise for most guys, check out the chicken legs. A lot of guys can work their upper body sui sui but go beach must wear long long bermudas to hide the matchsticks. I wonder why these guys don't train their legs when you use them every single day? Image hosting by Photobucket For ladies is the complete opposite. Spend all the time in the gym training their legs and shy away from upper body exercises (and then the lower body gets bigger not smaller). No wonder the sexes are meant to complement each other! This is the opinion of one who has spent 20+ years in gyms...

Before anyone starts throwing potatos and tomatoes this here open forum ah?
What about you folks? Do you have a favourite exercise? An opinion or lifting the chopsticks for the slurpy kohloh mee is enough? :p

Comments:
hei exercise where got so complicated ...maybe thats why i prefer games. bed..oops badminton, tennis etc LOL
 
Postlah a sexy picture of you working out!!
 
errr...kegels?

:P

can u be my personal instructor? *blink blink*
 
seefei, LOL good cardio and stamina eh games bed ..ooops....badminton etc

bkworm, wait lah, when I get to 60, you'll see me on the cover of M&F :P

SA, 12 ounce curls sounds good! when? :D

Angel, can can, no problemo, errr when you coming? ;;)
 
jomel,good for
1)strong lower jaws to help you sing better
2)strong abdominal tummy muscles means you can digest more food and get more curves
3)on your lonnnnggg walks up and down the length of shopping malls did you get anything for us? *blink blink* :D
 
My favorite workout? ...ermmm...pssst! come closer! Humping....shhh!!!! yeah yeah, humping the missus as well. LOL
 
Favourite exercise.... while u do liftings, I did alot too. In fact, my favourite is finger lifting. (lifting popcorn while laying horizontally concentrating on the screen in front...)Count or not?? lol
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?