Wednesday, April 19, 2006

KL part 2 and JB only 1 part

So KL trip part 2

Whilst waiting for my train home at KL monday night, I was hanging out with a buddy Boon from KL at the Starbucks and hoping my all-time favourite rock climbing baker in the whole world will turn up. It was about 7ish and with the notorious KL traffic I wasn't too hopeful, but suddenly I had a call on my mobile! It was May! she had made it after all!

So after giving directions, this Starbucks is really well hidden, I finally spotted this gorgeous female walking towards us and amazing how pics of her you see on her blog hits home and truth be told, the pics don't do her justice, (LB gonna snatch your cooking and maldives buddy away from ya soon! :P) very pretty lah this lady.

So I blushingly greeted her and she is just as bubbly as might have imagined. .

The rest of the night went right by really quickly, so much so I have trouble trying to put everything in words here. (yeah right, muz remember might have G rated readers here and big brother oso watching :P) but needless to say, I really appreciate Boon and May for making time to catch up with me and from the bottom of my heart a hearfelt thanks. I just wish we had more time for a more leisurely chat but my train called..darn

I oso got a peek at her new Dell and I wan!!! now gotta work harder :(

So may another date soon yah? :P cos I owe you a dinner!!!!
So flabbagasted at meeting you I forgot we hadn't eaten! paiseh

------------------------------------------------------------------

JB only 1 part...

This morning, I took out my passport for yet another trip back into Malaysia.Johor Bahru to be exact, my my what development
Image hosting by Photobucket

This time I had an appointment with my eye doctor. About a year ago, I had my eyes surgically lasered for the Fatt Hou look, no more glasses!! no more contact lenses!!! (btw contacts are bad for your eyes, I should know, I used to sell and teach people how to fit them.)

So a year ago, my power was moderately myopic.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Now a year later, its at Plano!!! (i.e. Zero degree, with a slight bit of astigmatism in the right eye), wayyyyyy better than I expected as post operatively it had been hovering at about +75 for each eye. Yippee! but sadly like Lance Armstrong said, I can't argue with my birth certificate, so I have a leettle teensy weensy bit of problem with reading near these days but's its still livable, now I can really look like a grandad these days when I wear my reading (!) glasses. But overall I'm, pretty happy with the results. Somemore the clinic has a lifetime warranty...yay.... but only if I don't poke myself in the eye ...
Image hosting by Photobucket

Then after this, I walked around City Plaza, then I spotted this cutest of gadgets, its a rocking horse chair! its designed to mimic the actions of when you sit on a horse and you need to control your waist to stop the moving around and therefore you get a slimmer tummy as your muscles tighten up, so you have a slimmer waistline....... whew what a spiel, aiyah just just diet and save a bundle, but the lenghts people to will go to avoid exercise! but then again, if you use this, you WILL exercise anyway! if not you'll fall off the horse! LOL
Image hosting by Photobucket

But the best part of the day was yet to come. After nefariously conspiring with one particular JB Rooster, following whispered directions I ended up near the New York Hotel admiring the various car washes available and cursing Lake Louise for not having one (damn the washes here got makan, drink and architecture to admire somemore, like will it fall over???)
Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

Then I spotted the Hansum comb of Cocka Doodle, walking towards the makan place, "Oi, I called out, despite never having seen the Cock before, but somehow I had a gut instinct it was him (that and his ohh so manly moustache, thanks to his personal voodoo doll). So the distinguished Rooster turned around and yah boy! Its Him, its Him!!!

So we sauntered over to this really really really lovely place in the middle of JB, alamak I thought I was in Thailand but I WAS in Thailand, this was a Thai restaurant! Damn shiok, even if we don't eat, I admire the place happi liao
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

waaaaahhhhh that elephant is taking a pee
Image hosting by Photobucket

We had a lovely time talking cock and how I may have inadvertendly moved to the wrong country, Canada has no outdoor eating places!!!! Just two guys, thai food and a beer ahhhhhh this is what holidays are all about....

We had a great time chowing down Thai food and beer;

Got Pineapple rice, special Thai Otah
Image hosting by Photobucket

Thai Chilli fish, Pandan Chicken and Tang Hoon prawns. Yummy!!!!
Image hosting by Photobucket

We had a rip roaring time, chowing down and Cocka it was great meeting you!!! Thanks a bunch for catching up, you have to swing by Canada sometime.

Then on way home, on the MRT, I had a nice reminder of the Singapore National Pastime, texting!! plus a few nice ladies to admire.
Image hosting by Photobucket

And I swung by someone's workplace, sorta
Image hosting by Photobucket

For Simple American, a scene of our famous goverment flats otherwise known as HDB pigeon holes, darn couldn't get pics of the hanging flags.....
Image hosting by Photobucket

But.....Damn even in Singapore, my squirrelly pals are following me around.... a Starhub cable tv ad poster...
Image hosting by Photobucket

-----------------------------------------

Some replies to comments, faster here lah....

may,
I was thinking about LB's bidet!! LOL

bkworm,
ahhhh so I don't forget!

Mother S,
yeah nice flowers eh

Helen,
what like that you can oso see near your place, you masquarading as one of the birds there issit? LOL errrr dunno if its county valentine, next time I go see! but my driver turn here there until I blur ....

chant after me...food food food food food food

Leonard,
go go go! errr got to pay $2 meh?
truth be told, the train ride was awful, I'm taking the bus next time

selba,
glad you got your wish :D but voluptous is oso good eh? ;)

Comments:
Fly Boy,

I'm really glad you're having such a great time!! :-) Can I ask you.... errr.... You really ate all those food???!!! Ei, your jeans can zip up or not??
 
I'm glad you love the food. It was indeed a pleasure having you over at JB, braving thru' the maddening causeway jams etc.
Thanks for the opportunity to meet and I hope to visit you someday in Canada.

Helen....We did justice to the food all right. Zip?? what zip? No need to zip lah...got aircon. LOL
 
Hooolah!!! OMG, I can't keep up with ya posts already!! I remember seeing a Bidet somewhere, and I went OMG!! Fatt Hao or not! LOL... Hahaha!!! So many topics in so many posts ~ You're setting a very very high standard here, mate! Of course, I enjoy every 'morsel' you posted as well! It's like a Traveler's Guide on Steroids!! Paul Theroux, eat yer heart out, literally.. Man!! Slow down! Enjoy the kopi, sip slow.. Savour the moments.. More pics of Texting Girls, more Lormaikai, less haste..
 
awwwwwwww... *deep blush*!!! it was certainly great having met up with you that night even for just a little while. it's too bad we didn't have enough time to look for a good place to eat and munch the night away, yea? that pineapple rice and thai chili fish sure made me droooooool big time!

contact lens bad? seriously? I've been wearing them for years now... LOL! too chicken shit to go for laser surgery, and costs a lot as well. maybe I'll just switch back to wearing glasses, hor... look like "teacher" abit... ;)
 
And all this while, I was wondering how you would be meeting Cocka, forgetting that he's in nearby JB. Eh, where are May's pictures? Must see leh... :-)
 
Helen, food food food!!!!!
*hungry look* wear sarong better!

Cocka Doodle,
ya ya you must come by, get your company to sponsor lah :P free trip heh

L B,
I come back here oso follow the lifestyle here, non stop zipping around...
more texting girls ah?

may,
I think you wear glasses lagi pretty, always did have a thing for teachers .... oops I mean pretty girls :P

imagine a piece of plastic sitting on your eye all day..contacts are like that, besides when you go climbing no need to worry abt them falling out!

Mother Superior,
our photo taker had somewhat jittery hands leh, damn it was all shaky.... heh go KL lah, she very nearby you know. I these days, if I had a car, can do KL on a day trip :P
 
another great post.... love seeing these pictures in here! :)
 
may: Kena angkat kaukau, by the looks of things. :D
FF: Wah, whistle-stop tourlah you! Everything also you eat, everywan also you see. I need a holiday like that soon....
MomS: Agreed; FF can we have the incriminating pix please?
*Bambi Eyes at fanstasyflier*
 
selba,
sigh, all so over so soon

bambi eyes plink,
wahhhhhhh,
sssshhhhh pics so hot the picture taker hands oso shake....*wink*

SA,
I think 2 years better :D
but first come to canada haaha
 
woah...so many places in one post!!

the thai food looked great *wipe away saliva* got address of the place?

i tot of lasik too, contacts can be troublesome at the end of the day!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?