Friday, April 21, 2006

Till We Meet Again

So in about 2 and a half hours I'll be at the airport and on my way to home.

Its been a very fast and short 2 weeks. Ate loads, saw loads more.

It's a weird feeling to come "home" and basically act like a tourist, albeit a very well informed one.

I met up with some of the nicest people on the planet, Mother Superior, SeeFei, Leonard, May, Cocka Doodle, spoke with Jomel over the phone and sent Helen plenty of Text messages (all good I assure you).

But now its time to go.

Very mixed feeling as I leave, a lot of wonderful friends here, a lot of wonderful new things to explore over there. Damn what a choice, but I should be thankful I have a choice in the first place eh.

Just the other day, I picked up a small booklet at MPH. The Year of the Snake by Lillian Too, noted Fengshui author. Basically for the Snake this year, he's gotta go search for his own fortune/future/destiny..you get the drift. Thinking about my decision to move on, funny how things seems to fill in sometimes.

I oso picked up a few more books to bring back, The Strait's Times Fun with Chinese books (all 3), cos I'm an english potato and its about time I could write more than my own name and Conversational Malay (so I know when I'm being dissed) so I know whats going on at the Malaysian blogs when Malay is used. Didn't help with the luggage allowance though.

Over the next couple of days or even weeks, I'm sure I'll have a lot more opinions on my time here.

But tonite, I got to meet up with more friends, including one who is also migrating to Canada and one, the more important one whom I've shared many an adventure since Primary School.

But I'll leave Singapore with my jaw hanging, what have they done to Clarke Quay!!!!! Those canopies look like alien ships, but I must say the changing lights are pretty though...

Image hosting by Photobucket

So until I'm back on Terra Firma in Lake Louise, later.....

Comments:
Wish I was around in Malaysia when you were there, but that was not to be.. (although I had this weird feeling I was so slighted cos you did not call me up to go makan with you ~ I felt I was back in Malaysia!!)
Anyway, unless you're totally different from me, you're gonna be beset by tons of post holiday depression, so don't spend too much time brooding over that! Cheer up fast, you had a great time, and it's time for the next chapters :-)
Have a good hassle-free many hours flight back..
 
Too bad we didn't manage to squeeze a round of golf out of your packed schedule.

Want to learn malay? well, we can start to komen dalam bahasa melayu, yah? LOL
 
albie,
dang I knew I forgot to call someone! sigh so short the trip, next time we time our trips okie?
haha nice you got a preview of whats coming, I think you will be eating lots more than I did! with lagi more bloggers!! bring bigger pants :P
hmmm yah loh i figured on the post hol thingy so I'm keeping myself busy when I get back :P
 
seefei,
alamak if only I knew you played golf earlier!!!!!! 36 holes oso boleh.

hey albie, u golf?
 
time flies when u are having fun...

but i think u hv stuffed yrself enuff to last u for a while...yeah? LoL!

angel chases FF's blues away... shoo! shoo!
 
glad to read that you've enjoyed the fruitful 2 weeks of holiday..

it's nice to meet you too...

i tot ur jaw hanging as you went for the reverse bungy! anyway, clarke quay had improved on its outlook very much, lucky u neber gave it a miss! ;)
 
Very touched you called on your last night. I was with my small group of friends at home so kinda' hard to talk. Still, glad to have made a friend. Woudl have joined you at Boat Quay whether you liked it or not that night. Haha...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?