Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Just Another Day

So stress point over today. I think.
I've been on tenderhooks since last thursday when I received;

call #1: "harlow you interested in job?" And so it went on for 15 mins.... grilling here there, the 2nd degree, seemed quite happy, they said will call again on friday.

then last friday;
call#2: waited and waited and waited, alamak thought they said they will call at friday morning 8.30am? die lah 9am already still no call and I need to go and do my daily cash deposit which is time dependent, was hoping to finish the interview then do the count. oh well, if not to be, it ain't, shrugged my shoulders, did the count, just finished at 10.30am when .....phone music! alamak don't tell me now then they call.

Aiyoh it was them, heng finish my work, they were rather apologetic and asked if it was 8.30am my time or their time, or whatever time, they were based in toronto. alamak. can almost die. stress, I already give up and they call. never mind, remain calm, take a deep breath, use the force...ok so the 3rd degree started. for all of 30mins. another round of stress and head scratching and being nice..(grrrr). so it ended with thank you for your time and if interested will call again. oh well, I thought. back to the drawing board.

Then yesterday, monday, Musak!! hmmm wonder who.....
call# 3: it was the hiring manager! wah, I surprised.
want to meet me for interview!! errr ok but but, I 2 hours away, i thinking how how.

never mind, bite the bullet and negotiated, arrange for tuesday at 5pm. I am sure I can find a way to make it, even if I have to break all speed limits and quit on the spot if I have to. luckily my boss in good mood and agreed. heng!

so last night, study time! go read up on the company, ransacked job sites for all the interview tips I could lay my paws on. I think I ready.....

I hope

So today,
call#4: this morning usual madhouse in office, left 10 mins later than I anticipiated. then die again. left my bloody wallet at home!!!!!! diverted, picked up the wallet, had to refuel the car somemore, so finally off i went. I covered 187km in 1 and a half hours. hmmm not bad. made it with half and hour to spare. nice, can cool down a bit first. but cannot, still hyper, so went in 15 mins early. the whole thing lasted for 1 and half hours, including time to show me the works. I think I shall call myself 1.5hours from now on. very structured interview. lots of preprepared questions. I guess to remove any ambiguity or bias. its a big company.

so at least i narrowed the odds to 50/50. 3 rounds of interviews. a 380km round trip. I'm bushed.

hah, I feel good....ooh yeah ooh yeah, what was that song? whatever happens I know I did my best. but until the fat lady sings it ain't over.

*grabs monster.ca and searches some more*

Comments:
ring-ring!!! ring-ringgg!!

*pssst... I think it's them again...*

good luck!!
 
You sounded a bit knackered too..
Hey, my best good luck wishes for you, 1.5hr buddy!
 
so when will you know the result? Good luck mr.! :)
 
Keep us posted!! lol
 
may, tq tq :D

lb, this is new to me, searching for a job AND a pad....lol

sa, red red, when u in vancouver exactly?

erika,hopefully tomorrow!!! i hope... if not more tenderhooks..:(

helen, posting soon, once call #5 come in lol
 
waa... terrorist... :P

*keeps fingers & toes criss-crossed*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?