Friday, May 05, 2006

A Long Road Ahead

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This has been an intensely interesting week.

Firstly, the usual month end work shenanigans had been going on with the usual last minute rush of paperwork including having to go back on sunday morning to finish off some stuff.

Then I had a call on tuesday from a BIG company for an interview for a smallish job. Telephone operator kinda thing. I then had a second call on thursday from the same company for a secondary interview. Not sure if this is good or bad, but right now its 50/50. Oh well, as someone once said (ok it was a Nun), its God's will. Having just said that, I did ask for divine help a couple of days back. Blame it on MLC, I have some thoughts on this, but I shall not dive into that today, will probably make for a short story and a very interesting forum.

Then today I did the final thing, I told my boss I was leaving. Without a job or even a place to stay in sight, wherever I'm headed.


Wah! I am amazed at myself, must be Asiaworks' LP. What was my intention again?

But this good, yes? no? maybe? Hmmm I just booted myself, how can this be good? Thoughts humming, brain gears whirring, heart strings afluttering, lighting a fire under my own seat perhaps? Good grief, what have I done?

Calming down, the water had finally boiled over, its been on a slow boil for a while, but I think its a good thing still...

But now stress... current damn strong...

It's extremely interesting because if I'm moving to Calgary, I don't know a single soul there. Vancouver is safer with some friends, relatives there and I've spent some time there before. But Option Vancouver's moving costs are also higher as I will probably have to move first, hire a van load everything up, head east then find a job, luckily I brought my tent over from SG.


Whereas if I head southeast to Option Calgary, I can get a job first then move. The property rentals in both places are surpisingly expensive, in some ways comparable to Singapore, even though property costs are lower than SG. The urge to move a somewhat more milder weather (it rarely snows there and the temp is warmer) in Vancouver is strong, lovely mountains and the sea side by side, but the economy is weaker compared to Calgary, ie harder to find work.

Tough choice; jobs or weather/scenery. Damnnnn.... I should be so lucky.... but as Ewan Macgregor said in
Long Way Round, a lot of people are held back by their What Ifs. Watching the one year on follow up interviews, then it really strikes you how hard their journey really was. Gawd how I really envy those blokes. Sigh...

Thinking about it, I survived year 2003. Now it seems to be easier, although it was more stressing with the SARS fallout, getting the boot then now doesn't seem that bad now, of course retrospectively every thing seems easy. But I had my LP buddys to egg me on then, so that probably cushioned the fall somewhat. But now the LP gang has moved on their separate ways and it is really up to my goodself now isn't it?

What if
What now?

Oh the uncertainty of life, but then again it does makes things interesting doesn't it?

In 2006,
Lillian Too said, The Snake will have to find his own way... don't expect any apples to fall from the tree... only persistence and perserverance will pay off, damn I wish I was a Dragon who will have apples fall on him...

Que Sera Sera, what will be will be...


Now where are my
Touratech Panniers? An expedition it will be.....

Comments:
Chup! Gold! Any Prize for me? ;)

Que sera sera.. what ever will be will be.. the future is not for us to see.. que sera.. sera....
 
*hands selba a silver platter full of chocolates*....
 
Looks like a long road ahead too, but I think you have the chutzpah to get thru it.. I mean, well, like you said, you fired yourself, so that must be a Good Thing®, eh? Whatever, I am glad you got your tent along with you, no squirrels to bother you, and Lilian Too to guide those celestial What Ifs. Good Luck, my buddy. I'll be keeping an eye out for you from here. Let us know..
 
hey karipap flyboy, you'll do well wherever you go so long as you believe you can, and put 100% effort into it. don't give up on the karipaps, ok? and I'll be looking to you for advice later on this year!
 
ha?? U did LP @ asiaworks?? LOL...i did the Basic years ago. must hv been very 'high' right after graduation, huh? :D

*sigh* i wish i am as brave as u...i really do... but i'm sucha chicky...*sigh*... if only i could just l-e-a-v-e... i know i could...but i can't... i can't...

Errr...don't wish u are a Dragon bcos this year is definitely NOT a lucky year for 'em... apalah, u read correct wan anot??

...hovers beside bangchai and keeps an eye out for the flyboy too...
 
You also an Asiaworks graduate? Then you must know 'if it's to be, it's up to me'! If you want, angel and I can egg you on too! ;)

I wish you all the very best!
 
L B,
TQ TQ TQ for your shining light for sure I'll be calling on ya for divine help too :D *pours sifu albie a cuppa tea*

JoMel,
yes, but the brave can be dumb sometimes...jump first then see LOL

may,
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do defines me - Bruce Wayne hmmmm this movie and scene and quote came along as I type this, interesting! ....

angel,
Wah a Basic Grad!!! I don't believe it, so chun.... so high that I went on to LP, LOL that was tough, oops I mean err err err how to define that ah? *scratching head*

ka...t,
two AW grads in a night!!! looks like I got me my small group liao.. hehe .. I was really really hoping it was up to to someone else, take the easy way out LOL
 
You've come this far, haven't you? Yup, may be a long road ahead but take it one day at a time :)
 
testing...
 
waaa... the ka..t also Asiaworks grad??? what a Happy Family...

hoho...i've nearly forgotten the "if it's to be, it's up to me!" line! LOL! i donno about you guys but i've lost touch with my batch mates...

so so, did u guys shed tears during the 'say-thanks-2-parents' session?? :P

whoops...will i kena smack cos i let a lil' cicak outta bag??
 
Best wishes, FF!

*tries to hover, but can only manage short hops at best*
 
De Book Worm,
butterflies in the stomach, they call it... *fluttering*

L B,
t-minus 50 now? :P


JoMel,
geronimo!!!!!!!!!!!

angel,
big happi family, *smacks angel's tush* sssshhhhhhsshh, dun spoil fun for other peoplem, they haven't survived it yet LOL

plink,
TQ TQ *stanby's life raft, just in case*
 
see, see? got light at the end of the rail track mah.
 
well, think properly and made the correct decision.

whatever you do, just keep me updated and i'll be praying for success whatever you choose!
 
the only thing that prevent us from enjoying our life is the maintenance...maintain our health, maintain our income, maintain our friendship, maintain our sanity....

even blogging need maintenance LOL

but i hope you can draw strength that a lot of us here are vowing for you. like LB said, you have the chutzpah (dont know what the hell it is) to go thru it
 
I hope the nun was not Mother Superior. LOL!!!

Must be tough, I know, but you've sort of made up your mind in many things too, and rationalising all the decisions. Way to go, pal, if anything, the short break to pack and finish up work will give you time to rest, re-think and face yet another brave new world.

God bless!
 
Everyone, thanks for the cheers!

Mslenglui,
TQ TQ *peers at the far end, gets on the rail pushcart and begins pumping the lever*

Leonard,
Thinking too hard liao, brain fried,LOL just do it ya?

See Fei,
Agree agree, but always got that element of uncertainty hor…maintenance of sanity..LOL .
Chutzpah is jewish for balls *grin*

Mother Superior,
LOL if it was a Mother Superior I’d have fainted by now…* grin*
Can I whine a bit? *baleful eyes *
Now that’s an idea, a job search holiday!

Simple American,
Now that’s another idea, just hop on a train and see where it goes!
 
sorry, got here late!
Yep! take that leap and don't bother looking what's on the other side of the fence. Sometimes, we all need that kind of boldness to move forward.
 
Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»
 
Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?