Sunday, May 28, 2006

Weekend Movies

Today was XMEN III, last week was THE DAVINCI CODE

Inevitable comparison

Davinci Code vs XMen 3

Actually no comparison it’s 2 different movies.

What’s been bugging me was how to describe the Code movie. That missing bit about what the Code movie is about, that I just can’t quite recall, just poised on the tip of my tongue, just at the back of my head, but still haven’t a clue what to call it, thing of the Code movie, was crystallized just now courtesy of Glenn Beck (watch CNN headline news, he’s funny, like a see mun version of Howard Stern) who called it National Treasure. That’s it!!!

Its part Indiana Jones, part Nicolas Cage in National Treasure, part Sherlock Holmes, part Hercule Poirot, part The Running Man. Rather clever ole Danny boy, taking historical quirks and facts (maybe) and using that as a basis of a story, even adding the statement that the history and PS and OD bits are real. Bet he never thought of the controversy it would stir up. Clever old boy. Now why didn’t I think of that? Others have, people like Clive Cussler who used the sunken Titanic to write a bestseller. People like the brilliant (or just fanciful then) chap who wrote about King Arthur, who now has everyone believing in the Holy Grail. I guess people just love legends and the what could be whodunit mystery. Curiosity does fry the brains.

Now the XMen III.

Reading the reviews, you’d think it was another pathetic attempt to inject a new life into a movie whose direction might have become rather lost. Very much like the reviews on MI3.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh yes!

This I’d watch again. Fell in love with Famke Jensen many years ago making out with James Bond and now she’s making out with Cyclops and Wolverine. Smoldering, literally… I think I got a thing for brunettes.

Having watched it, yes, I agree with the reviewers that there are wayyyyyyy too many new mutants (if I could only have a fraction of what they have, I’ll settle for a Class rating of 0.5) without all the proper intros, it’s rather confusing who is who. Or who does what, until they start strutting their stuff. Not unless of course if you are a Marvel comics fan, who I read are mixed about the movie. Personally I like it. It would be great to watch all 3 back to back.


But I thought it was another interesting movie. For entertainment value a shade above the Code. For head scratching, head cranking, use of brain action, dare I say on par with the Code, movie wise? But that’s partly the Code’s fault. All that pre-movie publicity hasn’t worked for it, gave the cat away. I wasn’t surprised at the Code’s ending, but I was with Xmen.

But Xmen, underneath all the us versus them action, underneath all that gloss, underneath all that makeup, Kelsey Grammer was great, Hugh Jackman still smokes, Famke enuff said….and a new mutant Kitty, oooooohhh walking through walls, now that’s cool! And useful, no more flat noses. Underneath all that, interwoven between the action scenes, there is actually a tragic love story.

*sniff, wipes tear*

And a lot of people die, it really IS like a comic series. Issue #547, so and so dies, wait for the next issue out in 2 years time. Xmen 4 will be back, I'm sure.

Oh yes, thanks to a heads up from one very angelic angel (hey your wings got as nice as his or not?) the last last last last last last bit at the end of alllll the credits was worth the wait……

PS: Tis the month of superheroes soon…

Ghost Rider is a very interesting movie that’s coming up. Starring non other than Nicolas Cage…….

Uma Thurman looks amazing as a neurotic in My Super-ex-girlfriend.
PPS: am praying hard for something miraculous to happen..



Comments:
I will not read your X-men post...
I will not read your X-men post...

but I'll come back again when I've seen it myself! too many spoilers, LOL!!
 
give you number to buy for your miracle: 5899
 
Hey, hey! You are back!

I'm weird..I like to read about the movie before actually seeing it (and yes, I like to know the ending too! But not for whodunits). Now that I know what happens in X-Men3, I can go and ogle at HUGh Jackman in peace..
 
X-Men!! I'm definitely going to watch.... but, someone already spilled the beans. :-( (not you lar.lol)

Heck, for Jack, I'll go watch even I know the ending. Another attraction is.. I wanna see the angel in the trailer. Cool wings man!
 
*must. watch. movies.*

*praypray for Unker FF's miracle*

*hugz*

=)
 
Yeah! The wings are indeed C.O.O.L! My wings? Check it out yourself ;)

Wot miracle is that?
 
may,
quick quick quick GOLD watch!

L B,
thanks! it'll be a SILVERISH weekend, errrr can give 3 Digit number oso? here no 4D.... but got 3D...!

ka..t,
hehe...yup and you are BRONZED!
Hey, hey! You are back!

i thought it should be ogle in excitement ;)

Helen,
Never mind, u got X-factor, u d Ipoh Mystique :D

plink,
go go go watch you'd be fascinated...

angel,
*puts on red sunglasses borrowed from cyclops, wonders where to get a pair of those, tries to eye angel's wings....*

JoMel,
yes, brunettes with glasses are the ultimate groovy looks...;)
 
I like this period.. so muany good shows is on!

Time to hit the cinema..
 
in fact i was also rather disappointed with x:3 although i didn't re-watch part 1 and 2....

it's like things happens so fast and ended so fast....

sigh, sony shld have waited for bryan singer mah!
 
Simple American
did she? see? I blur liao so many mutants...

Robin,
Yes, wayyyy too many! headache *throbbing head*

Leonard,
I don't think I can tahan another 2.5 hrs after the code movie....:P
 
Actually, there is some similarity between xmen3 & da vinci. you must had been distracted by the loud action to miss it.

one, there is a great underlying LOVE story and the other someone is trying to winch a love story out of half fact & fiction. go figure! LOL
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?