Sunday, June 25, 2006

Clicked

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This weekend, I had planned to catch this movie Click, starring Adam Sandler. Having seen the trailers, I thought I might be a funny movie to watch and to boot, it was featuring my number 1 favourite celebrity to date, Kate Beckinsale.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

However things took a big turn Friday evening, when call #8 arrived as a voice mail and asked me to call back.

Now I have been very much on tenterhooks for the last 2 weeks. After I got my contract package, I had found out my job offer was very much a conditional one. Being a bank and I being from overseas, they wanted to check back to the last 3 years of my employment history, so needed the work references (meaning they will call the company, yes, long distance to Singapore) plus the usual background checks. There was actually a line in the letter of offer that said “please don’t resign until after we’ve cleared your background checks”. Wah lau!!! The last time I worked for the government also not so strict and now this big headache.

Three years ago, I was in a big mess. I was moving from part time job to part time job after having been drummed out (and almost everyone else) because I had the fortune to just start work for a hotel and SARS came along. So I had been flitting between many jobs during that time. Good grief, I can’t even remember some of the exact dates I was working. So I figured if this bank is picky, because I gave a poorly remembered work history, chances are my offer would go flying out the window.

The voice on the voice message was rather nonchalant. By this time, I am already prepared to look for and do other jobs. Even if it meant cleaning toilets for a start. Whatever it takes.

So this morning, I was in Calgary and I returned the call.

Call #9: “Hello, can you start on the 6th of July?” (Another 6!)

I was flabbergasted. After worrying for the last 2 weeks, searching for other jobs, getting a pad (meaning $$ paid out and no job confirmed yet) and now this.

Strangely, I wasn’t jumping up and down for joy. My reaction was very very muted. I wasn’t quite sure whether to laugh, sing or cry. Anyways, I treated myself to a Dim Sum lunch. Drove around town a bit, somewhat aimlessly, checked out some cell phones and then caught the movie.

What a poignant movie it is. Adam Sandler’s movies has always been about feel good and this was no different. Its very much a family values and what is really important in your life. And, sigh, Kate Beckinsale is still to die for. But Sandler is the star here. And it is funny! (And Christopher Walken is wackily likeable, despite his official ”title”, go watch)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After the show, watching the families leaving the hall, had me really reflecting about the movie (yes I cried a bit, sniff) and the whole day. Ok no spoilers but I really wonder about the effect Quantum Physics has. Or was it coincidence? Or….? I had caught the 7pm slot, the drive back to LL with the setting sun right in front of you has you in a certain mood. Very reflective.

Click, the movie.

It all really clicked together today. Amazing, the timing. I sit here, still rather dumbfounded. I’m still wondering why aren’t I jumping for joy. Maybe it will slowly sink in later. Now I gotta go start packing.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PS: Did you know – Kate Beckinsale is part Burmese?

PPS: I got me a new Peabo Bryson CD…what a voice!

PPPS: From previous post - Connie Selleca was the sidekick and love flame on America’s Greatest Hero. So sultry and demure. Still is! She’s also a former Revlon model and my adolescent crush :P

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PPPPS: I’m still searching for the original song from that TV series.

PPPPPS: Yes, this is a confusing post. But I don’t really care.

Comments:
I am lost too.. Er, so which job are you at? We can't rob the bank anymore? Eh? What's happening? It's such a sotong day!!
 
sotong sotong sotong sotong sotong
its the bank one lah
 
Ah, ok, we can set Plan A into motion soon, yeah? My squad of kamikaze sotongs are ready and raring to go!! Where's Kate Beckinsale?
 
Somewhere over in Beverly Hills I hear, I will laser designate the place for ya!
 
6 is lucky ;)
Yay! Can still liu the bank? Can??

You looking for the Joey Scabury song? I love this song too!
I've just vosper-ed it... ;)
 
6...? 6...!
why not sexcited leh? going off soon wor... faster get sexcited!!

it clicked together while watching click... hmmmm...
 
She's HOT!
I wan to eat her. Is she sotong?

*lol*

bank very good bank very rich bank got a lot of kate beckinsale lookalike!!!

Dont worry so much la! just go eat sotong ok? :)
 
angel.
liu, the bank can still liu....tqtqtq :D

may,
liu you more sexcited than me! LOL

Winn,
sotong sotong sotong sotong very edible slurp

here no sotong! one frozen ones..
 
Looking for a particular song? Check your email :)
 
so, means got new job already issit? yehhhhhhh! let's have a partyyyyyy. or shall we wait until your first day, then we see. apprehensive about new job ah? that's why no feeling ah?
 
De Book Worm,
wah wah wah wah wah wah
pengsan tqtqtqtqtqtq

me,
yaya, but I'm not over the moon leh,*wondering*, maybe I sad to leave this place

angel,
got it tqtqtqtqtq
 
Play by the ear lar... I'll be right here praying for you. Take good care of yourself!!

Connie Helen.
 
hey I heard the movie wasn't that good, not true? Or you weren't that interested in the storyline since you were too busy adoring Kate?

Btw, another change of job? So often ah?
 
hey, you went there for a different experience mah. maybe it's time to have another new experience ler. all things come to an end but maybe what is waiting at the other side is even better ler. jump in with gusto!
 
congrats!!! :)

6 is my favorite number...

Beside Jacklyn Smith, Connie Selleca was my favorite actrees...

I know why you are not so excited, coz' you gonna miss the squirels and marteen pine, right? :D
 
could not get the Battle of Britain (1969) at the store :-(.
 
Dear Connie Helen,
will do!!!

Erika,
if you like family oriented feel good movies, its for you, if not go watch the fast the furious :P
din get to see that muhc of kate leh LOL
eh wat another change, same change lah

me,
ya, a different experience it really is..... ya whats waiting is a man made lake for swimming!!! *grins*

Selba,
ooooh i forgot about Jaclyn....
now I get to deal with giant squirrels...

See Fei,
try HMV should have...
 
To tell the truth I in a real delight of that you have created. I cannot call it as site at all. It is the whole world and life for the people keen by this theme, for people with the common interests. I think, that the purpose of your site is to unite people with similar sights.
- fantasyflier.blogspot.com a
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?