Monday, June 26, 2006

One Year Later, How Time Flies

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 year, 6 days ago, having flown all the way across the pacific. Some 14,000km across most of Asia, the Pacific Ocean and a couple of mountain ranges. I arrived at Lake Louise, unsure, vaguely excited, wet and cold. I had arrived in the middle of the worst storm to ever hit the Alberta area in the last 100 years. So they said. It was so bad, the main highway, the TransCanada was flooded and impassable to traffic just outside of Calgary. Fortunately, the flooding cleared the day I landed or was it really fortunate?

So I got to work, play and live in the land God made, for a whole year. Yippee.

Seen Elk, Bears, Pine Martens, Chipmunks, Tree squirrels, Giant Ravens, Robins, Swallows, Hares, Rodents, Cows, Horses, A Bald Eagle, Eagles, Rams, Mountain Goats, Deer, Kamikaze ground squirrels, Foxes, Coyotes. Haven’t seen a Wolf or Cougar yet. Damn.

Now, exactly one year later, I’m moving again!!!! Weird eh, the timing. It’s started to click again. A whole new adventure is coming up. Photobucket - Video and Image HostingA whole new moving experience. A whole new everything. I’m gonna be living in the middle of Gwai Loh country in the South East of Calgary. The Chinese prefer the land further north in North East Calgary. It will be my first experience of North American suburbia. It will be interesting. Thursday, I will finishing my last shift at the store. Then I get almost a week’s break before I start again.

I’m looking forward to making new friends, being able to go to the movies anytime. Start or rather re-start the stuff I used to like to do, like golf, toys and maybe even TKD sessions thrown in for fun. Let me see if I can still touch my toes (yes! I used to be able to do splits and I still can, I think).

Hooray . . . .

PS: Do you know that, thanks to a snail like internet connection, it can take me almost 2 hours to read through and post comments all those on my blogroll?

Comments:
don't forget the heist ah! we got fresh stockings yet?
 
are you following the pattern of migratory birds? once a year thingy? fly... errr, further north?
 
sorry, call me sotong but er.. you are moving to Calgary? So where are you located currently? I had to check the map of Canada.. but you said you were moving north.. so I'm kindda confused to where you are located now.. :S

ps. your internet connection really has trained your patience.. don't even need to take yoga class liao..
 
Wooo hooo.. 2 hours a day? :D
My turtle internet takes me about 1 hour...

Good luck in Calgary!!! Make sure you wont forget us when you already get new friends there!!! *wink*
 
All the best in Calgary. With faster connection there, how about podcasting??? lol
 
U can do splits??? Wow...

*imagines...*

DYK that I hate to relocate?

So so, u sexcited kaa?? ;)
 
Coincidence, maybe. Opportunity? Yes!

Best of luck, Unker FF!
 
the only constant is change... i see the future for ppl in SG in you. cari makan is so damn tuff, they have to go somewhere.

maybe it is a good thing you left. savour the adventure and may the force be with you.

caught stealth on dvd over the weekend...a lot of dog fight scenes. i think you will love it too if dogfight is ur cup of tea.

gg to play squash w happy later.

cya!!
 
Has it really been 1 year? Wow. And you got to play in the fields of the Lord. Literally. Some people never get that chance. It's another chapter in your life. Look on the bright side, it's a new adventure. Good luck, buddy!
 
Yay!! New adventure!! New experiences! New friends!! New home!! Best of all, new faster internet connection!!
(so it's choice #3, near the lake?)

Good luck on your move. You using U-Haul? Pity they don't have such things over here.

Haven't been able to catch you on YM since the last time..hope to chat when you get to your new place.
 
juz bak not long from playing squash with see fei liao! :) have a good move!!!
 
L B,
Ssssshhhhh not so loud, they are in the trunk....

may
I'm heading east! following the rising sun, at this rate I'll back in singapore in the year 2050

Erika,
yup going to calgary, am in lake louise now about 190km west of calgary :D
oops did I say north? must be too excited...

Selba
I got too many places to visit thats why ....

Helen
wwwwaaakakakaa podcasting eh.. we shall see...prob on YM *grins*

angel
relocating is a pain in the sphincter...

plink
tqtqtq

See Fei
yeah sg heading the same direction as hk, pity...
eh? me? future? pengsan...
alamak watched stealth, if only birds could talk... one reason I came over oso is to learn how to fly, cheaper here! LOL

Marita
so fast time is eh? but china ain't bad from what I saw

ka..t,
ya ya its #3, the one at the far south, but nice and quiet, nice landlady, got a kid and 2 dogs to play with, got a big big park (bigger than NY central park) and its near the Lancaster museum....

U haul is the cheapest for moving. Hmmm we should start a franchise in bolehland eh?
yeah YM later!

Hoppily Happy
somehow, i just can't picture you playing squash...Psssst...SF got intro his frens to you or not ah? *grins*
 
oooooo, am i starting to feel the excitement rising? finalllllly. but how come you can do all this at the new place and not at the old?
 
me
errr which old place? :P
 
well, time sure flew past us very fast.

whatever it is, all the best in the new job!! ;)
 
hi! i like flying too! i came to singapore in 84 after my A level to trial for test pilot. out of >100 only 5 remains after the 2nd round. i was one of the 5. thot got chance but was kicked out after the medic exam. reason: i got a crooked nasal passages. will pass out in high G!

there goes my chuck yeager dream!

hope you get your license fast and give us a ride in your cessna.
 
Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my uk pet supplies site.
Good luck in your endeavors!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?