Monday, July 31, 2006

Bicycles and Sore Asses

I finally made up my mind and got me a bike!

Nothing fancy, in fact darned cheap, sorta. Very basic, no quick release wheels or seat posts. It does have 21 speeds and a front suspension fork. All made in china components which I have to admit works pretty well. Better than the last bike I had with shimano derailleurs. BUT The seat sucks big time and I will be changing that! or maybe I'll get one of the cushion covers LOL.

After riding around a bit, my ass was pretty sore, ouch, haven't done this for a while. Partly cos I still haven't gotten the seat height perfect yet, I think need to add another half inch or so. Need to get the wrenches out.

This is the bike I got.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Whilst browsing the store's website I came across this bike. Oh do I want to sing Memories, like the colours of my my mind...that Barbara Streisand song.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I used to have one of these. The Raleigh Chopper. I can't believe they still make them. There are some obvious changes, the seat is now a 2 piece. The centre frame gear change lever is gone. But its still the same old frame. I spent countless hours, cleaning, polishing, riding that bike. I went just about everwhere with it. About as far as I could go before sunset came.

Now I need to get me a better seat.......but then waddaya expect for $99 bucks?

PS:
The weather was kinda weird today. It was another blistering day until about 4pm when a cold front came sweeping through. Literally, it was gusting up to 80km and it pushed a huge dust cloud infront of it. In 5 mins it dropped over 10 degrees, from hot to cold..brrrr

Comments:
you make me feel bad... I've not gone biking for the past 2 months, maybe more! hahahaha! I need to get back into action... someday... soon...
 
Hey, I am also thinking of getting a road bike sometime soon, cuz I discovered 2 of my friends training for their triathalon and I thought I could bike with them...;)

As for that Chopper - I had one of those too! Mine was green...and I also went everywhere with it!

Well done for making that move...
 
ahahaha sad to say that chopper is more impressionable on me than your buy..:-P lol

OK OK I'm shooting myself on my foot but heck... dun know about you, any self respecting chopper person would get those stringy things hanging on the bar. Right?? Multi colored ones. I was so damn proud of mine! LOL
 
aiyak... your bike no place for me leh... so how?
 
Why was your ass sore ah? You rode it without the saddle is it?
Hahahahaha!!!
For maximum pleasure I suggest that you ride it down a flight of steps.....ouch! ouch! ouch! aaarrhhh!!!
 
dear may,
soon! like now!!!!
sexier legs u know...

dear Hoppily Happy,
wahhhhhhh a triatholon!!! well done!!!

Another Chopper rider!!

dear Helen,
you had the hanger strings? wahhhhh.... I din put any leh..too girly ;)

dear angel,
wanna sit on the cross bar?

dear Cocka Doodle,
bump bump bump bump ouch bump bump bump ouch ....
today not so sore, got me a cushion and maybe a bit more seasoned liao LOL
 
Whoaaa... nice bike!!! I bought one when I was in beijing.
 
What girly?!.. that was the sissy era mar... remember Patridge Family and David Cassidy? Not forgetting Archie too.. lol
 
Helen,
you had a crush on David Cassidy!!
he damn good looking hor
 
*envy* wish there were some nice routes for ms amateur to ride around here.
 
havent rode a bike since mine got stolen in ntu eons ago.

hei! tat chopper bring back a lot of memory (of craving and being poor) from young. chopper was the harley davidson of bike for me. nice to have but no $$ to buy.
 
dear me,
I'm sure there are routes for you :D

dear See Fei,
but oso got a bike named COPPER... ;)
 
i'm never a good biker...tends to get off balance, i'm too heavy :'(

should have got the second bike one...resemble a motor bike, more stylo mylo!!
 
dear Simple American,
haiz!!!!! shuda left u my phone number..... oh well next time, I still got florida in my sights ;)

dear Leonard,
haha thats y its a chopper....
 
Biking makes people slimmer and heavier or fatter and lighter ah?
>.O
 
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! hd tv
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?