Saturday, July 29, 2006

Saturdays

I've been a busy boy today. After getting up at an ungodly hour to watch the Qualifying session for the German Formula One Grand Prix, I headed to Chinatown to grab me some breakfast. Oooooohhh Siew Arp and Siew Yoke mein....yummy.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After gorging myself and walking back to my car, I spotted this. Promising! I should join and get to meet other fellow Singaporeans and Malaysians.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Being rather full *burp*, I decided to tour the city a bit and came across this museum. Wahhh my favourite subject airplanes!!! One day for sure I will be flying one. I've already checked, can get a Recreational Licence for a measly $5K. Cheaper than learning how to drive in Singapore.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is a North American F-86 Sabre
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After filling my eyes, I got me a haircut, about time, so damned hot here. Especially in the afternoons. Cold in the morning, blistering in the afternoon, damn. After the cut, I went back to the golf range to try and perfect my non slice swing. It's getting better.


Went home, washed up, cat napped and headed to the neighbourhood cinema, which shows not so recent movies and for the princely sum of $4.50 I got to watch this. Damn funny! Much better than the first one. The 2 possums were just hilarious. That squirrel was so funny! That opening scene featuring him was priceless...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After the movie, it was still quite bright, about 9 pm-ish. So I decided to cruise sunset boulevard or more accurately 17th Avenue SW. It's the night-clubbling and restaurant street of Calgary. Something like Singapore's Mohammed Sultan Road. Kinda early so not much action yet. It gets alive like any clubbing place prob from 11pm onwards.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then I found a place to take a pic of downtown. In the middle thats Calgary Tower. These are ALL the highrise you gonna see. The rest of the city is pretty flat.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Tomorrow I think I'm just gonna chill out at Second Cup....better than Starbucks...after getting up at an even more devilish hour for the German Grand Prix rac itself, sigh, the things I'd do for sports... I'm still debating with myself about getting a bicycle, typical Libran.




Comments:
siew ngap!! waaaaa!! chinatown! fellow asians! hey, this place is certainly a lot more happening than your old one, and more city photos now too... hehehe! what a change of scenes!
 
You are back!!!

Second cup??? we don't have it in Jakarta....
 
siew arp, siew yoke..
*drool*
thinking of siew ngor pei :P

Wooo....I heard someone gonna get a bicycle :)
 
waaaa... very the happening! weekday work, weekend fun fun fun!

9pm so bright? wow...

ei ei, i oso wanna sit in the plane that u fly, ok?? ;)

pssst pssst... new haircut, more lengchai? ;)
 
You've been a busy boy, haven;t you? Nice pics.
 
like the pic of the city. and the siew arp.....yummm. remember to bring us flying too when you go
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?