Sunday, August 20, 2006

decisions decisions decisions

Its time for another headache. One as usual that involves forking out money.
It also involves a certain passion. It is time to get a new car.

The present car, while its a stout workhorse, is showing its age and may need repairs soon.
I've always had a mechanical affinity for things and I can tell in another couple of months I'll need to replace the clutch. This being Canada and Alberta, the cost of labour is ridicously high (which also accounts for the quality of living). I've had estimates of approximately $1000 to have the clutch replaced. It would have cost me less than half of that amount in Singapore (and in SGD too) to get it fixed at the factory dealer somemore...sigh....

So its probably cheaper to get a new one. Now the headache is this.

Do you get something practical, 4 doors and a boot that will easily take 2 golf bags?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

or do you get something that is more interesting to look at but you can't get 1 golf bag in without rearranging the rear seats?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So this is the current toss up. The Hyundai Accent Hatchback or Sedan?? These are the cheapest cars I can find on the market right now that is loaded with options, they each run at the same price, approx CAD$16K

I can forget about the colours, just gotta get whatever's available on the lots.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions, ......


Comments:
get the jap car. better component, more lasting & in case you got lucky!
 
dear see fei,
actually the hyundai's pretty well built, and the Jap cars are about 20% more ex with less warranty, go figure...
 
for one moment i tot the accent hatchback is a getz 'cos it's not sold here.

the accent you're referring to is my "younger brother" the one that replaced my model and its called verna here.

one piece of advice, dun get that as being an accent driver, the FC really sucks for me, i'm not sure about this new model with a much newer engine, furthermore not so much of traffic lights there as it's mostly highway.

this model is a tag nicer interior and front when compared to mine.

do a research on it, it might helps. dun they have VIOS there, it's a much betta buy although from tomyam instead of kimchi!
 
4 doors better....

2 doors too mah fun!
 
16K is a real good buy.. FF..!!
Ours is a ford focus.. and it is at 24K ..!! Arrrghhh..!!
btw.. is it easy for you to get chinese food where you are..??? if it is.. gonna "tum-pang" you.. can..??
million thanks..!
 
Dear Leonard,
a lot of models avail in asia not avail here. The Verna is the same car as the Accent. FC??
The Yaris is running at 18K and the Honda Fit is sold out...:(

dear Winn
*scratching head*

dear mama bok,
I had an offer for a loaded Hyundai Elantra at 19K, I'm still mulling over it.
Hey email me your addy @ vospermtb@yahoo.com.sg
 
i dont mind helping you to arrange the rear seat to put in my golf set!

hahaha, just kidding :)

hmmm, follow your heart. is my piece of advice.

end of the days, you are the one that driving it.
 
winn: 2 doors may be 2 mah fun, but 4 doors means more fun 4 all! =D
 
yeah, go with your heart... u like which one, u buy that wan loh... easy peasy ;) sure no regret...
 
dear carcar,
wah u oso golf......
my heart is away chasing a ferrari ... its in the wrong place!!!!

dear plink,
how come u guys not visiting here? then I got excuse to get a MPV :P

dear angel,
my heart is eyeballing the wrong lah thats why that wont work... I really want a Ford Mustang V8....but....:(

dear Simple American,
I should get a truck eh? :P
sssshhhhhh not so loud on the other bit...
 
I like the red hatchback. Reminds me of a super single lifestyle.
 
If I am u,

dun buy H brand in your pics.

Fuel consumption too high..

Consider the cheap Jap model.

Yes, tough decision, on whether but a cheap car and pay more petrol and live with outdated less sophisticated design or pay more and get a Jap model for comfort.
 
I have linked this post to my blog..

hope you dun mind.
 
I like a hatchback.. coz they look cool.. :P it's more ex to get a hatchback over here.. I've asked around for Mazda 3 hatchback.. and man, they are much more ex than those sedan..
so which do you get?
 
If you want to carry 2 golf bags in your car, forget about the hatchback. Stick to a sedan :) The Kia Rio sedan 1.4L(M) is not bad too :) So is the Chevrolet Aveo 1.4L(M) :)
 
Totally agree with Robin. If it's fuel-efficiency and reliability you want, stick to a Japanese car, forget Korean. The Honda Jazz has been voted the most reliable car in a recent global survey. Owners of Honda Jazz say they experience the least breakdowns and cabin rattle :) But of course, Japanese cars have been and always will be priced at a premium to Korean makes. But it's worth every extra dollar and cent you pay. In the long run, you pay less on petrol, maintenance and repair costs :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?