Sunday, August 27, 2006

In Memoriam - updated

I'm watching the Emmy presentations right now live on tv.

My Fav show The Amazing Race won again as best reality tv series. . . .yayyyyyyy . . . more seasons to come.

And the original Charlies Angels got together to do a presentation. Kate Jackson, Farrah Fawcett and Jacyln Smith who hasn't aged one bit, I wonder how she does that.

But what tugged at my heart and reminded me of my own mortality was the segment of In Memoriam. A tribute is paid to all the actors who have gone on the pearly gates of heaven.
Actors whom you grew up with and no longer here.

Dick Clark had a special Emmy, but he had suffered a stroke and now doesn't look anything like what he used to, more frail, like Kirk Douglas. Seeing how much older the other actors now are, like Harrison Ford, a far cry from Han Solo days.

My own white hair popping up, the need for reading glasses, falling in love with money (egads!), getting more ornery...

Ok I'm going to a spa to get younger.......

Just Added:

I think I've partly figured out how these people stay looking so young. I noticed they have hardly any wrinkles. This is also supported by a little survey I've been doing at work, since I get to check people's birthdays (I know how old you are! snigger). The result of the survey shows that the happy, chirpy ones are the ones who look the youngest.

So don't be: Grumpy, Angry, Sad, Pouty, use Botox and oh stay out of the sun . . . .

Happy Face..

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
How much r u willing to splurge to keep yourself looking young? Hollywood babes who still look great in their 50s seem to spare no expense to keep themselves looking young, beautiful, sexy and desirable :)
 
Take me along.. take me along... me too can need alittle help from the fountain of youth!! lol

Psst, I've taken your advice (& Jomel's) I've enrolled for aerobic classes. The people asked me to join the gym as well, but, one step at a time lar! :-)
 
remember to throw in a facial too.
 
woweee Helen, way to go!!!
 
urhmmm... *clearing throat*

don't you know that a lot of women love mature men, especially to those who just start having grey hair ;)
 
gosh, where have I been... Dick Clarke suffered a stroke? poor fellow...

enjoy your spa! :)
 
Mickell,
Heather Locklear looks like she is still 18...damn..

Helen
I think I will set up a fountain of youth club..
good for ya! can already see the blubber melting off... LOL

Lil' Joy
and milk baths..

Selba,
no like grey hair...maybe I should become blond then cant see the grey...

may
sad hor...
 
I lurve spa!

Waa... can sexplain why go spa can becum younger ar?
 
Those Charlies Angels use botox lah.. Botox is the MAIN cure to making them look younger... not spa.. :P Not to forget the skin pulling & all the other surgeries ...

Actually yah, I was thinking $ is the cure to making people look younger.. No $ will make u go grumpy, angry, sad, pouty.. and cannot afford all those surgeries some more.. :P
 
huh? what wrinkles? laugh lines lar! :)
 
*putting on a fake smile* do i look younger yet?
 
angel, cos you become happy and relax and the wrinkles iron out..happy relax....

Erika,
you buy the lottery yet?
pssst the angels werent the only one using Botox, Barry Manilow oso got....

De Book Worm,
dun laugh so hard lah...:P

me
I said happy, chirpy face not fake wan.... come I make u happi...*gives chocolates*
 
Need some 'fats' for your currypuff? (I got alot) I heard lard makes them even puffier!! :-P
 
Agree that Jac Smith still looks gorgeous. But Farah Fawcett really looked out of sorts, yes? I missed her famous locks last time.

And Heather, oh Heather, young or old also the same.

De book worm - Wrinkles are not just laugh lines, they are character lines. Cheh...
 
helen,
send the tubs over when you do liposuction LOL *ducks flying shoe*

Mother Superior,
you're also another jaclyn smith you know? whats your secret? yah farrah fawcett looked...errrr.... out of sorts LOL
 
another impt point that you've missed out, BE HAPPY...it do helps alot too!

everyone wanted to be evergreen, that includes me!
 
Amazing Race - my favourite too :)
I watched all except Season 1 :)
 
FF, never bought lottery before.. and I don't gamble too.. so any other way that I can get a lot of $ fast? :P

Ps. Yeah, I saw Manilow and his is so obvious too!
 
i dont want to stay young but want to look young. the younger u r are the further from pearly gates, assuming everything being equal...

seefei's logic SCREW IT!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?