Monday, August 07, 2006

Monday Holidays

Today was a holiday here in Canada. Don’t ask what the holiday was because I haven’t got a clue and I’m too lazy to go and look it up.

Basically all I did today was golf, drive, tv, bike, blog, in that order.

Went to a new driving range today to un-perfect my slice, I think I know what’s wrong. I’m just trying to kill the ball. Easy, steady fella…

After that, I headed south to a little town called Okotoks. Its got one little rustic street but the rest is pretty much standard Canadian new town. It did have one interesting feature though. It’s called the Okotoks Air Ranch. It’s an estate where you have an airfield surrounded by houses. You get the build the kind of house you want. Buy the acreage and plonk the house on it and of course go flying whenever you want to, which is literally across the street. I’m dreaming about this place now..sigh…*dreamy* I was so taken in I forgot to grab pics of the houses which I assure you are very nice.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After my little sojourn and lunch in Okotoks, I headed for the nearest mall where I grabbed the second season of Battlestar Galactica, I desperately want to know what happened to Adama and Sharon. Interesting, no spoilers here for those who like sci-fi.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

BTW ladies, Jamie Bamber who plays Apollo in Battlestar, is one good looking dude. Sadly there is only ONE hot chick (the one in the middle, Tricia Helfer ex-supermodel, she plays a Cylon, sigh) in the series. The rest are so covered up in military overalls u can't see anything...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then after satisfying my galactic desires, I headed to Fish Creek Park and did a bit of biking. My stamina still sucks, need to work on it more. I also saw a coupla of deer today. Plus a few ground squirrels…ahh nothing like these guys to get you laughing.

Comments:
i oso join u for holiday yesterday (mon)... it is good to skip mon and relax...

hei, when r u going for that flying lesson? looking forward to that post on your progressive membership of the one mile club!!
 
waaa... u so the happening in Calgary, hor?
and who's that hot man? for a moment, i thot (from the body shape lar, din look at the face :P) 'twas u, u Poser! *LOLOL*
 
ok wat i love squirrels . havent seen a skunk yet tho.

sounds like a relax day for your..poor us ..have to juggle btwn work and blog :(
 
It was Natal Day.. FF.. :)
It was a civic holiday.. and doesn't really mean anything... holiday..! it's just so .. that the lazy ppl in canada .. can get more lazier.. as per yours truly.
 
you forgot something in the list of what you did today which is "chatting" :P
 
wait, did the deers and squirrels tell you a joke? Can share? I need some lifting up too.
 
*distracted by Jamie Bamber's photo*

hmmm? did someone say squirrel?
 
Look what Unker gave me!

*wave the skunk about*

*spray squirrels with skunk*

=D
 
I've never really watch Battlestar Galactica.. is it good? The only sci-fis I am into are Startrek.. :P Btw, the girl where got hot? Her errhm looks a little saggy leh..
 
eek, say what? quick quick, what to say? sorry lah, cat got my tongue today.
 
dear See Fei,
u so good oso hor :P

errrr flying errrr soon, after I settled down! (read: commissions come in)

dear angel,
go watch Battlestar galactica :P

dear Winn,
I haven't seen one too! although I am assured they are around...as they are nocturnal creatures

dear mama bok,
ahhhhhh....now I see ...

dear Selba,
oh ya hor ...:P

dear Lil' Joy,
*whispers in Lil' Joy ears*

dear may,
LOL

dear Simple American,
go watch really good, a lot of penetrating questions...

dear plink,
remember Pepe the amorous skunk? He's always going after Sylvester the cat...

dear Erika,
its a good drama! haha saggy eh..

dear me,
u not saggy wat, why u tongue tied ;)
 
I think my holidays are almost up.. you know, that dreaded feeling that time's running out, and there's only 5 mins to save the world... ARgH
 
me: Come, I use skunk and 'persuade' the cat to give your tongue back. =D

FF: This is shocking. We were exposed to Brokeback Mountain as children! :O

LB: ...Or the feeling of caffeine withdrawal!
 
What Jamie Bamber??? I thought that was you?!!! Dang.. the similarity is frightening. lol
 
I saw squirrels too when I went kayaking last week ;)
 
dear L B,
you can always press rewind....:P
now I know why ppl here dun wan to go back after awhile..

dear plink,
LOL

dear Helen,
I tot Jamie might give u a bit of a lift LOL

dear Chen,
aren't they cute? the squirrels..
 
Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?