Saturday, August 12, 2006

Motivation

Ask any person who is successful in whatever he or she is doing what motivates him/her, and very likely the answer will be "goals". Goal Setting is extremely important to motivation and success. So what motivates you? Why are you in college? If you are in college because that's what your parents want, you may find it difficult to motivate yourself. Sure, it's possible to succeed with someone else providing the motivation for you. ("If you graduate from college, I'll give you a car!" or worse "If you don't graduate from college, you won't get a car.") But motivation that comes from within really makes the difference.

Certainly, you need some intelligence, knowledge base, study skills, and time management skills, but if you don't have motivation, you won't get far. Think about this analogy. You have a car with a full tank of gas, a well-tuned engine, good set of tires, quadraphonic CD system, and a sleek, polished exterior. There it sits. This car has incredible potential. (Have you heard that before?) However, until a driver sits behind the wheel, puts the key in the ignition, and cranks it up, the car doesn't function. You guessed it; the KEY is MOTIVATION.

Interest is an important motivator for a student. So is a desire to learn. When you link these two things together, you create success. Often success in an endeavor leads to more interest and a greater desire to learn, creating an upward spiral of motivation toward a goal you have established.

So be honest with yourself. Are you genuinely interested in being in college? Have you set realistic goals for yourself? How can you develop the internal motivation that really counts? When it comes to motivation, KNOWING is not as important as DOING.

http://www.d.umn.edu/kmc/student/loon/acad/strat/motivate.html

Comments:
This is a good reminder for me to reassess myself. Thanks, mate!
 
*motivatemotivate*

G R R R R ....
 
nothing really motivates me these days except perhaps more money... LOL!! hmmmm... food for thought though.
 
eh???
*lost*

ditto to ah may's comment.

are you by any chance looking for some kinda motivation? any way WE can helpchu?
 
My thought..
am I satisfied and contented with what I have at the moment,
or I want something better?
or.. I want to advance further? :)

at times, I'm tired...
 
*sigh*

I always need someone to motivate me...
 
Yes, motivation is everything.

*put Elle's picture on my fridge. The body, the body ... ** lol
 
dear Marita,
anytime dearie!

dear plink,
GRRRRRR back...go gurl go...

dear may,
thats y we all work eh ;)

dear angel,
*rescues angel from being lost*

dear Chen.
jia yu, jia yu!! its a never ending story...

dear Selba,
poke poke..

dear Helen,
I can't wait!!!
 
i always worry i overwork myself and die young or live to a great old age without enough $$... so, my motivation is to earn as much as possible with as little work as i can get away with heheheh....
 
Ff, you want to go back to college ah? Doing part-time school?
 
I spent 8 hours in class today, mostly yawning, and getting distracted by the pc in front of me, getting my head stuck in the clouds somewhere. Does it indicate that my interest is totally not in what I am intending to pursue?

I really am beginning to question myself.
 
hmmm, is this post directed at somebody in particular. cos we all seem to be lost. are you motivated? what is your motivation?
 
*motivates self to motivate self..!!*
 
dear See Fei,
I totally agree.
pssst when u find out how (like in the next few months) tell me how!!!

dear Erika,
yup planning on doing some certified programs soooooooonnnnnn.

dear Lil' Joy.
are you really interested in what you're doing?

dear me,
my motivation? chat with me and I'll tell ya, right now it's staying ahead of a ageing body :P
whats yours?

dear Winn,
*waggles skunk to help*
 
that is a good question....
 
you're right by saying motivation and interest in doing one thing!

but you missed out on one thing, that's the end result!!!!

it's important too!
 
mine? hmmm...to leave with no regrets at the end, i guess. that motivates me to keep on moving, play harder, work harder.
 
dear Lil' Joy,
hope u find the answer ;)

dear Leonard,
ahhhhhh motivation is supposed to get you to the end result...

dear Simple American,
a goal like getting to south east asia soon!!!

dear me,
sounds good to me!
 
sad to say, not many kids know what they want when they are young, inexperienced, not as wise and ignorant. Most of the time, kids are 'configured' to believe that they should study popular subjects so that they will earn big bucks in this society.

sad to say, usually it's a fucking mismatch altogther. It's like asking a person who's handicapped with legs to RUN with their hands. *shrug*

probably after sometime, dissatisfaction occurs. low esteem appears: pple start to feel being not useful, & felt that that's not what they wanted initially. all these trial & error would bring them probably to re-study subjects of interest, some probably just work their life away and look for other motivating things to make them carry on in life. but usually they'll landed up bruised and scarred.

maybe you could have added in - know yourself in and out (and I mean really in & out) before making any decision: it'll be more rational & less damaging, i guess.
 
Yes, first is the find a good mirror and take a good look of your true self..

And I dun mean the image, but what is in your heart.

What is your true need and what are your wants.
 
ok, ok, *dangles Ipoh property with massive discount* in front of your nose....
 
dear sÞ¡ηηєє,
sadly how true is that. Looking back, I should have become a Geographer based on my school records...but as a kid kinda hard to figure that out eh

dear Robin,
mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest one of them alll.....

dear L B,
@@ dangling prop....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?