Sunday, October 08, 2006

Tour 3 - Bits of Vancouver

So last stop was a brief 1 hr flight to Vancouver. I'm gonna skip Banff and Lake Louise cos its all over my blog elsewhere. Don't be lazy go look.

Vancouver's changed quite a bit since I last stayed there 2 years ago. It's cleaner (prob cos of the olympics, new buildings have sprung up, mainly condos and most noticeably, its more crowded and damn more expensive! I think the Chinese have taken over it. Not so nice.

Anyways one must stop place is Granville Island with its shops and famous public market.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lots of food, pies and pies and holy cow, Curry Puffs! but it's called Chicken Curry Pockets, there are also Dino Bones for the those who like to gnaw...damn big bones...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

All over the downtown area there are bears, reminiscent of cows that once dotted Singapore's landscape, but these are way cooler...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

But the best bit was in the evening, we went to this place, it the middle of somewhere quiet area of downtown. The only place in the world with 218 flavours of Gelato....I had a chocolatey pistachio yummm.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Couldn't take pics inside so you will have to be happy with this postcard. :P

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comments:
the curry puffs look almost as good as the ones here in KL!! but do they taste as great? the bears are darn cool. I think there's one of Malaysia too... somewhere...

so when are you gonna set up that heated beach bar?
 
Is taking picture in the gelato store forbidden? must be really yummy...

Had pistachio ice cream last friday in a peranakan arab restaurant... it tasted and smelled like tiger balsam!!! seriously.... :D
 
i want the gelatooooo!!!! how did you pick out of 218?!

0 degrees??? Brrrr!!!
 
may, strangely I din have to urge to eat any..omg..I'm being assimilated!!!!

Selba, tasted like tiger balm? hmm new flavour.... for tongue aches lol

angel, you can try try first got sampling!
its now -1 degrees lagi brrrrrrrrr
 
dino bone? good for soup base! how was the curry pocket? got try or not?
 
Ha!!! All those kalipaps and I am not there!!! Can skip the gelato though, no sweat!
 
the bears are cute, only 4 of them?

i can see have batman, any other superheroes? hehe
 
haha nice!

but why 218?
 
Chocolate AND pistachio!

*pengsan*
 
SF, I forgot to try thr pockets!

L B, I bet you're up to your eyes in gelato...

Leonard, got more bears, din see the superman one to..

Winn, errrrr dunno, ask the owner?

plink, abuden?
 
WWWAAAAA, **drooling** if I ever go Canada, I know the only allure would be the sinful place with 218 flavors. lol

200 sit ups, 200 chess press, 200 hours on the bike, 200 laps... lol
 
har? so busy taking photo, until forget to try ah? sigh! i love curry puffs.
 
gor gor, can you buy me ice cream?
 
Yalah, FF korkor, can buy us ice cream?
 
Those chicken pot pies under the Turkey Stop (what's a Turkey Stop??) look so adorable!! Cute lil pots!! Ooh..clam chowder pot pie...I like!! Nice-ah, their pot pies??
And what are dino bones? From bovinesaurus?? ;)
You didn't like the kalipaps because you know you can make better ones, right??
Is that a bridge, on top of the market scene pix? Nice structure.
 
helen, 218 ways to do it eh?

me, haha ya lor

Lil' Joy, I just had a blackcherry whirl banana split, you wan?

plink, that banana split oso had a wet paint ice cream you oso wan?

kat, where you get lots of turkey! haha they are very nice, I think those are bison bones...yet a bridge runneth over the market...:P
 
FF korkor, u gotta buy ice cream for everyone of us here :P
o.O at the dino bones...
 
might be I should pay a visit to my relatives to Vancouver one of these days...
but dunno when... :P
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?