Monday, November 20, 2006

Its Monday

So recently went on a sabbatical from this place. mainly to see if I can live life without a blog. I guess I could, but then life would be far less interesting. There were times when I was itching to say something but I said no... see if I can tahan.. I guess not... :P

Gawd...the tension, the arrrgghhhh can't say anything feeling
The itch to blog blab is too strong
Our basic instinct is to blab probably, thats why us humans are social animals

But like all things, once a certain time has passed, you don't feel the same primordial urges anymore. Like a mouse, we learn to find other avenues (well mostly).

Like now, I don't crave for Sing/Msian foods like I used to. Probably living in the city now, I can get asian foods a lot more easily. HK, Indian, Indonesian, Thai and I discovered ONE Malaysian restaurant (yippee and sigh) It has Chilli Crab! Chai Tow Kuay! Curry Laksa! No where near the original (I think I can cook better) but at my present place, cooking has limited opportunities, fighting for the kitchen use with the landlord and another roommate. (now you know why I dont blab about my culinary exploits anymore, maybe when I find a rommier place, need a roommate though, to help pay the rent!) and I suppose you can't be choosy over here

So now I have this sudden great big pressing urge to find and grow my roots here. OK, maybe not so sudden but its been brewing for a while. My problem is that I've always had the wanderlust. No wonder I liked travelling so much, to the point of ending up here. I've never been afraid of getting lost, quite the opposite. My favourite pastime is to try and get "lost". Go places I've never been to before and see which part of the woods (used to be jungle)I come out from. No surprise one of my fav tv shows is the Amazing Race, I'm so jealous of the racers.

So another one of our primitive urges, as nicely and graphically described in Mazlow's Hierachy of Needs is strong here (can never forget that danged triangle). The need for shelter does come first and takes precendence over other things. So the crunch really is.... time to find a real apartment.

Comments:
oooh, good on ya for deciding to grow your roots there. remember to invite us to your housewarming ok? good luck!
 
oh yes, and lurve the new look, too!!
 
Hey! Lets go take part in the amazing race one of these days! Thats my fav program too.
 
Wow... and you come back a much wiser man...
*LOL @ the itch to blog*
I suppose it's gonna be the same for me too. :P
 
get up and ' get lost' for a while. sounds like fun. would like to do that if i can.

diff ppl fiind their passions at diff places. u found yours.
 
New format, same Unker FF.
Welcome back!

*hugs*
 
grow roots = find mating partner and reproduce right? so mebbe instead of finding the apartment first, perhaps a gal and then the apartment? ;)
 
I have a strange feeling my roots have gone AWOL!
 
That was a short sabbatical. I am still pretty much blabless. Perhaps it's the busyness too. Good on ya anyway.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?