Monday, November 27, 2006

More Brrrrrrrrrr and a movie

Its -27 C ambient temp tonight with windchill at -38 ....and .....windchill warning tomorrow at -42...yikes...but I'm staying home curled up with a book haha!

But I'm pretty well prepared now, I think. After the initial shock of going from +15 to -20 in a matter of days, I think I've gotten the hang of the weather and what to wear. But..there is always a but....it will warm up again by friday..to a more seasonal -1.... yup single digits..now lets dig my wardrobe for what to not wear..

The weather has gone all batty over here. Last year we were all balmy here and Ontario was freezing and now its the opposite. Darn now I got to keep all that artic stuff....but I'd bet $5 bucks by Jan we'll get a couple of chinooks and all will be warm again.. any takers?

So tonight, braving the wind, flying snow, its been so damned cold the snow has basically turned to powder...great for skiing, not so good when the damned things gets in your eyes, its like sand getting in....

So tonight, again, I caught the movie The Devil Wears Prada, thank god for neighbourhood cinemas, cheap and good. It was a really good movie and stylish and made me wonder why my old friend who used to work for Armani didnt dress like that.... still a feel good movie and rocking soundtrack.... nice.

Comments:
how much is it to watch a movie at your local neighbourhood cinema? can't be as expensive as ours, except for cheap Wednesday nights (RM6 per tix). ahhhh, love those snuggly stay-at-home nights!
 
may, a regular tik is $10.50 the neighbourhood ones are 5 bucks :P
 
I still haven't seen that movie, but I am patient! And it won't be at sub-zero temperatures when I finally get to watch it, I guarantee!!!
 
i find it so so only......

a bit walt disney's:p
 
*kiasu*
donwan bet :P

i only like looking at the clothes in the Prada show...
 
lb, won't that be an experience? going out in sub-zero...waakakaaak *evil look*

Winn, hmmm come to think of it, it was a bit Disneyish....

angel, I thought the clothes might make you perk up..
 
havent caught that prada show yet cos missed it at the cinema. will watch out for the dvd release.

hei will take you on flyboy! i think the weather will only improve in feb! CNY mah!
 
i liked watching that movie for all the fashion things too. i'm not finished with the book though but i think the book is nicer.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?