Friday, December 08, 2006

Ahhhhhhh the Sun!

Ok I got around my wee camera problem by doing what Angel suggested..I got me a card reader! As long as it works!

So this pic was taken a while back mid-Fall when I had a rental car and was browsing the west side of town where you start heading into the Rockies again. As I was approaching Bragg Creek Provincial Park, I was rather awestruck by this scene during sunset. Its about 20 mins from Calgary.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Back to to the present. Now that we are nearing the Winter Equinox, i.e. when the days are at its shortest and the nights are are at the longest, the Sun in all its glory also doesn't really go very high into the sky. This is about as high as it gets and yes, it was -15 that day. After the Winter Equinox, Winter officially starts but the days start to get longer...(yes!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So why am I still here...*rubbing chin, deep in thought, eyes glazed at the sun*

Comments:
Beautifffuulll! Magnificennnttt!!! Now, where's your tent again?
 
such a beautiful sunset! I could just imagine a little winter cottage on top of a hill, nestled in the woods, with this magnificent view... *sigh*
 
darn.. you take good pictures! what camera do u use? I haven't seen the sun today.. :( It's been raining all day.
 
lb, wakkaaakaa just behind that tree.....

may, changing direction and heading north now? ;)

Erika, tq tq...happy now,
I use teenie weenie Nikon L4....
 
hey! awesome picture!

thou it looks a bit melancholic to me, but i wanna wish you a warm warm sweet sweet merry merry christmas ...

*hugs*
*no more in deep thought*
*looking forward*
 
yippie! got pics to see! N I C E !!!

i wish i'll be able to experience -15 one day... wanna see if anything falls off... *LOL*
 
Whoooaaaaaa... These pics are awesome!!!

You captured the scenery very good!
 
bootiful!
 
carcar, hmmm u right a bit melancholic..

angel, dont forget your thermal bra....

Selba, wakakaa tq tq

Marita Paige, *brings out hiking boots*

SA, haha some went your way eh
 
it's beautiful, that's why you are still there.
 
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... snow!!!!!!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?