Monday, December 18, 2006

More Bond Madness And Other Stuff

Since its the season to be merry plus I finally got a wee bit of commissions paid at last after waiting for 5 bloody months (you get the idea) I decided to treat myself a bit. Ever since I first saw 'ole Roger Moore in Live and Let Die when I was all of 9 years old and got scared out of my wits with it's Voodoo theme but at the same time who the heck is this guy who is dashing, apparently invincible and fun. Fast forward to today and I've been a Bond fan ever since.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So over the weekend, I got myself the whole ultimate edition release of the 007 series. Yes all 4 volumes. It was a tough decision a camera or this. The camera will still be there later, this will sell out fast. Yup as some of you might discern I'm really a 007 nut. I must say Ursula Andress in Dr No, in her publicity stills is very much a siren to lust after....

This will be a nice addition to my whole collection of all the Bond books by Ian Fleming, including those by John Gardner.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Moving on...

Today was rather interesting, I got to be on my toes and be a bum at the same time.

Went for an interview this morning.
I came away thinking egads, I didn't do a very good job at that. Firstly it didn't last very long, not always a good sign. Secondly it wasn't very interrogative as most interviews seems to be. Thirdly, the interviewer asked me all of 2 questions, formally. I think I asked more questions back. The rest of the time seemed to be on small talk. Being the perfectionist I am, I'm always thinking what else could I have done better? I thought I had done everything (almost) possible to not do well there. I was less than overly enthusiastic, I can't ever remember what was actually said other the gist of things, I wasn't wide awake but somehow I still managed to smoke and muddle my way through. Hmmmm...... Oh well, at least she seemed friendly, was my thoughts after leaving...I got the job done no fanfare. But at the back of my mind was something I was telling a friend about being hired to fit corporate culture...

Then to my surprise later in the afternoon, I got a call from the HR department saying the interview went well and that they would like to move on to the next stage i.e. the paperwork and necessary background checks. My initial reaction was Jaw Dropped wide open, I'm somewhat flabbergasted at the moment. I really went only to test the market.but also the prospect of a raise. But I've grown rather attached to my co-workers and present lifestyle (read simple and no one to look over your shoulder most of the time)

So now I'm stuck, Shall I move on? Shall I stay? Thats me, Libra.....cannot make up my mind.

Oh yeah, the bit about being a bum for the rest of the day, that's what happens when I can't decide......

Comments:
just go for it, flyboy!! you'll never know if you never try. good luck, and Merry Christmas! have a cup of hot Ipoh White Coffee while you're at it... *grin*
 
So, let's go back to the reason u went for the interview... test market and what? $$$? Is the raise worth the move? Maybe that's the question... Growing attached and all those things, still can start again wan... Not like you've not done it before...

My 0.01 cent talk...

Now, about the Bond Gila-ness... OMG!!! Merry Bond-mas!!!
 
Take it, Carpe Diem!! 007 would have done that. Yeah!
 
Hey, if the money's good and you do intend to move on eventually, why not now?

Ok, back to Bond, I remember some guy exploding in Live And Let Die. That scene has stayed with me since. Yucks.
 
Hey, if the money's good and you do intend to move on eventually, why not now?

Ok, back to Bond, I remember some guy exploding in Live And Let Die. That scene has stayed with me since. Yucks.
 
Hey, if the money's good and you do intend to move on eventually, why not now?

Ok, back to Bond, I remember some guy exploding in Live And Let Die. That scene has stayed with me since. Yucks.
 
well done!! proud of u.

well, everything's in ur hand.:)
 
hmm..this is kinda of a "sticky" situation...nevertheless u never pick the interview for testing for no reason, the job must have some interest in you.

since the pay is good, you might seize the chance to change..sometimes good chances don't come often.

close ur eyes and think properly for a while, remember chuck the 007 aside while thinking in order to consentrate.
 
may, Go for it eh? ...

angel, haha i like what you said about I've done it before...bond gila-ness indeed!

lb, carpe diem eh? where is my lasso cow rope..

bk worm, why not now indeed! actually the exploding guyif you watch it now not so yucky, you can see the special effects.....

leonard, *eyes closed, Jane Seymour is standing there in a flimsy...* Pop! eyes open...
 
Must've missed something along the way.. what's with the 'sticky' in the flier?? Your fly's stuck?? :P

You got the DVD release? I see Jaws in the corner of Vol 4 - to me, he is the ultimate bad-guy of all Bond villains.

I thought it'd be easier to make decisions being a bachelor with no kids' future to worry about.. :)

If you are happy where you are, stay. If you're not, leave. If you will be happy with a raise, and get the raise, stay. If you still have reservations despite the raise, leave. Easy or not?? (always easy to decide on other people's predicaments!! hahaha..)
 
Simple American, haha can do without the challenge and just take the cash...go quick get all 4 volumes!

kat, the sticky bit is a long story, something to chew on eh?...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?