Friday, February 02, 2007

Something else to work on now

The car I've really been lusting after is this Subaru Impreza WRX STI. Quite a mouthful, but oooohh 300hp, 4 wheel drive and a full on World Rally Championship birth right. The closest thing to flying on the road. Ferrari performance for a fraction of the price. But sadly, I not so rich yet.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



So I got me this baby instead (thunk, back to planet earth), the EF model. Not the actual car, too snowy here to take pics, car is covered in muck now, actually come to think of it, might be better looking in muck given the rust, at least it matches in colour, but this pic is what it's like to look like soon...

Mine is the bare bones DX model. No power steering, no power windows, no central lock, no tachometer, no vanity mirror, no cupholders, no alloys, not even a clock. But its kinda fun going back to basics. It's like being 20 yrs old all over again with my first car. I'm going to get my hands dirty. I can add anything I want now, will be scouring the local junk yards and performance shops for parts. I used to be quite handy around cars...

Cost me all of 900 bucks. I think I got a great deal. There is quite a bit of rust on the outside, but mechanically it's in excellent shape. All the bits are within prescribed tolerances (wow). I'm still amazed that everything works, and I mean everything. The engine bay looks like it came out of a new car. The previous owner really kept up the maintenance. Now all I need is a Sander, Anti Rust tratment, some fiberglass patches and lots of Bondo... might be posting updates on my restoration. If the weather co-operates.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

P/S I think the EG9 ESI is a great car, I love the 3 door hatch/coupe.....

Comments:
Wheee! Can drive me to Toronto to see Uncle Lee liao! :P
 
900 bucks for a car? WOW! What a deal! meanwhile, let's just keep the subaru in dream.. :P
 
me too! me too! I want a ride!
 
I also wanna come along!!! can? :D
 
okie good deal for 900 bucks... just have to take care of the rust... my fren (who is a CRX owner) is asking me if i wan to own his previous CRX that his fren bought over (now his fren is selling), it's fully done up and the engine had been overhauled... i think i may buy it

hiaoauntie
 
Angel, come come lets go

Erika, still dreaming

may, lets go with angel oso

Selba, three's company

Hiao Auntie, if the price is right why not?
 
No fish prawn also good.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?