Friday, February 23, 2007

What secret?

In the 17th century, the French philosopher René Descartes
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
came up with the "explanation for it all":

"I think, therefore I am".

In other words, "I think I am angry, therefore I am angry." "I think I am tired, therefore I am tired." "I think I am busy, therefore I am busy."

Fast forward to the 20th century.

I attended a 5 day training program as a Life Insurance Agent wannabe in 1998 amongst the lush foothills of the Pahang mountain range, namely at Janda Baik.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thing I came away from that program was this magnificent memory of the place and oh yes, the phrase:

"I am what I think about"

...which has been percolating somewhere among the far reaches of that dark recess known as my brain.

Go forth to 2003. Out of work, out of energy and out of money, out of the blue came another training program courtesy of some very well intentioned people, which I duly did and drilled into me that Intention is everything.

So with good intention, I ended up in Canada.

Sitting here in Canada wondering what Intention brought me here, along in 2005 came this movie, "What The Bleep?" which looked at Quantum Physics, which thrilled me to bits, with dancing Peptides, Receptors, Ameobas and also along the way explains why we act the way we act with a rather pretty Marlyn Matlin.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now in 2006/7 comes this movie, "The Secret" and the Law of Attraction. This "Secret" apparently has taken North America by storm, even Oprah queen of talk shows has given this the airing of one whole episode. It seems everyone is going Ga Ga over the Laws of Attraction.

Now I'm scratching my head, errrr.... this has been going on since the 17th century..maybe even earlier... so what Secret?


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Being the Pseudo Cat I am, curiosity got the better of me and I actually paid good money to get my hands on the DVD, which co-incidently had been out of stock for some time and with splendid luck was coming the same day I decided to go look for it and whilst while I was waiting in line to pay for the DVD, I got the book as well, which was literally thrust into my hands by a friendly store assistant because someone had returned it and I was next in line at the till. The book is apparently sold out too. Hmmmm Law of Attraction....

So....... it isn't really a movie at all but a full blown docu-commentary like a one of those Achiever's Congress with a lot of people explaining things.

I found it to be a really good reminder of the programs I had done in 98' and 03'. So I wasn't really blown away by it. But I guess for some who don't have the benefit of the hindsight I had might think differently.


But a timely reminder it is, so it will be:




I Think Therefore I am.

But right now I'm thinking of getting another pet Rabbit.....cute furry little lovable critters...


Just Added:

For those who want to watch Oprah talking about this and I think it might be enlightening for some click this:
Oprah The Secret Show

Comments:
Think Different!

Thinks Stewed Rabbit...
 
I think I understand what you mean... therefore I understood! :)

Oh, I wanna share today's quote with you too... Whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well...
 
I think maybe you should too! get that wabbit!
*chews on a carrot*
 
lb, eeeeekkk....

angel, exactly!

may, *chewing on a carrot too*
 
I've been looking for the Secret DVD but it looks like that the movie hasn't come to Indonesia (no uncle Ho DVD).
 
interesting song FF!! :)

i think therefore i am......

i m afraid of thinking sometimes......so i dun think therefore i m not:P so pessimistic hor.

but hor, it cld also be . i thnk therefore i m not.i think of all the bad possibilities when pondering something...after weighing it i decide it is a bad decision for me so i quit....

eh this is geting confusing. lets stick to urs.:p
 
Waaaah...got wet T-shirt contest in the river! See all the humsap loes gawking at the girl!
 
Selba, thats because its not being shown in the cinemas so no unker ho version ...

Winn, I kinda like that song...
think hppi thots!

Cocka Doodle, haha what sharp eyes you have...
 
The Power of Positive Thinking, eh?

The secret is how to squeeze blood out of a stone!! New jargons, new spin to an old adage, who wouldn't be tempted to unlock the secrets of a successful life??

What/how many pets do you currently have??
 
YES! YES! pet rabbit! yes! *nodding head vigorously* get pet rabbit.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?