Sunday, March 11, 2007

Whew..another weekend goes by

As usual my weekend off days are so precious and since I don't get to see many of them, I jammed packed sat and sun with stuff to do.

On saturday, I got to stretch my painting fingers and dredge from the deepest recess of my memory on how to hold a paint brush and actually paint something.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

But I was painting was not oil on canvas, but pieces of ceramic ware. This is my little buggy. I stuck to the safe route and chose something I actually know about.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Next time I'm doing more tiles, vases etc, like my fellow painters did. These are unfinished pieces, they still need to be fired in the Kiln and be glazed. I am assured that it will look wayyyy better once its been fired. Keep tuned in for the final product.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then on sunday, I re-learned to over come two things I am usually cynical about. But firstly a slight detour as the event was held in Calgary's Olympic Oval. This stadium is used for speed skating events as well as Ice Hockey and Figure Skating.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then, my two cynical problems, one apparently a fear of heights and trusting someone at the bottom won't let me scream aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh all the way to the bottom, should I be a dud and do actually fall off which I duly did although at a ridiculously low heights. Ahem, but I did managed to get to the top. Yes I went Rock Wall Climbing. Yes it's also my first time. Now as soon as my fingers decide to return from being angry with me, I'm going again.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Comments:
plaster fun!! I used to paint so many of those plaster of paris figurines, till I just chucked them away after awhile. but so nice to dabble with paint.

come here and I'll take you to climb some real rocks, not just plastics... lol!
 
ahhh but I can climb real rocks and real ice too here .. :P
 
Whoaa, the Action Man series!!!
 
That's a lovely skating rink. Activities need a risk factor to be fun. At least that's what i think. Safe is equivalent to boring.
 
wah it's fun to do painting. i tried it once..but i m not good at it!! it turns out so ugly!! i wanted to throw it away..but still keeping it:P

that shows how impatient i am:P
 
lb, haha spidey has competition!

Simple American, you should try climbing ;)

Mockingbird, ya ya risk = fun

Winn, wait for the finished buggy... I hope it will be better
 
wah so cute yr lil buggy! as cute as me! carcar buggy! haaa...
 
Hi Stickyflier, some of your hidden talents surfacing now, huh?
Ceramic paintings, rock climbing...bungee jumping next?
Rock climbing? Not me, man! My father has only one son to carry his name, ha ha.
I know you love cars, me too and was discussing with my mechanic the cost of putting a brand new Shelby Cobra 500HP engine into my present Lincoln T/C. Sort of wolf in sheeps baju. Can you imagine at the lights next to one of those dim sum hot Civics and I hit the pedal? With 4 Borla pipes
sounding like a 747 taking off?
But almost choked on my pipe smoke when hearing $$$ of full conversion! Oh well, it was nice just thinking about it.
You have a nice day. UL.
 
How I wish to ice skating in that rink!!!!
 
carcar, cute hor?

U.Lee, wahhh a shelby 500 in yr towncar...sure can fly, why not just stick a supercharger in there? ;)

Selba, can go skating anytime eh
 
Macho man like you doing pottery painting?? That's a first! What else do you like to do? Can knit or not?? :D

And when do we get to see your glazed masterpiece??
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?