Sunday, August 19, 2007

How time flies..and more conundrums ...

Egads! It's been 2 weeks since my last post.
It's been a rather giddying 2 weeks though.
To sum up in one sentence - hike, workout, kayak, drink, crash out, work, repeat process.

Oh did I mention work? I've been on the new job for exactly 2 weeks. See any correlation with the stuff I am doing now? I have to wake up 2 hours earlier, but I also get to go home 2 hours earlier. So far so good. My at-work trainer prefers to teach by osmosis. I have no complaint with that!

Back to the current topic

Right now this is my current struggle. I've decided not to get a new car but instead I'm looking to get a motorcycle now. It didn't help that I just bought the first season of CHiPs. Remember that TV show? It's brought back memories (and also why I wanna ride in the first place)

I've been looking at a few bikes, right now its mainly a contest between the new 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 and the BMW F650GS. They are both large enduros. I have this weird vision of me doing the same thing as Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman did. Well at least I want to ride the Yukon. The green one is the Kawa and the blue one is the Beemer. Hmmmm....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Kawi is better suited for off roading and the the beemer is the better do it all but the beemer is also some $4K more but seems more solidly screwed together. Hmmm....

And THEN...

I saw this,the new Gilera Fuoco 500. Sultry isn't she?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


OK OK, it was the chick that attracted me at first but then I looked closer at the bike and I went OMG that's so cool. A 3 wheeled scooter that looks so ... brutal ... like a Transformer...


BUT and thats a really big BUT, the Gilera isn't sold here!!!!! %#@#@&^* Grrrrrr

The Piaggio version is available but it looks so tame. Sigh... so back to the first conundrum.

The Beemer or the Kawi? Hmmmmm

Comments:
really cool bike!

hmmmm... how many jobs have you had since you moved to Canada ah? I lost count liao... lol! hope this job keeps you happy!
 
The pair of 36s definitely!
 
I say go for the Beemer. Just like that German stuff. Off roadin ought to be a lot of fun. Though it is not much use to you in winter, eh?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?