Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Weekend?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Well, the weekend was sorta ... interesting.

Was gonna go backpackin' and campin' in the first place, but I felt I wasn't really up to it, but then it ain't pretty to cancel when you're supposed to lead the group in *rolling eyes*

Anyways...

As we drove out to the mountains, woooohhoooooo snow caps on the tops. Reached Barrier Lake Visitor Centre and the place was under 3 inches of snow. Hmmmm.....
Reached the car park and trail head and brrrrrrrr, damn! it was chilly. It was cold, it had snowed the last few days and to top it off a brisk wind was blowing. Couldn't wait to get the pack on and move out, at least hiking in will warm up. With the weather conditions, the hike in was slow, lots of stopping to catch our breaths. Why does it seem harder to hike in cold weather than warm weather?

We crossed a few creeks and bridges. Picturesque would be the word. Reaching the camp ground, it looked like a winter wonderland. Probably about 5 inches of snow covered the place. Nice campground, next to a creek, food lockers, picnic tables. Probably one of the prettiest camp grounds I've seen so far. All of us were shagged from the hike in, so we hung around played frisbee. Starting the campfire was a bitch as all the wood was damp. Couldn't get a big enough fire going, chose the wrong (smaller) pit! grrrrrrr.

Since it was Thanksgiving weekend, all of us brought in Turkey meat in one form or another. I had turkey sausages yummy.

Day 2 had the guys hiking up to 3 Isle Lake. I stayed behind to look after the camp (but really I just wanted to chill out hah). Thought I'd have a nice quiet afternoon, but ended up chatting with all sorts of people who drifted in and out of the site. The second day was a lot warmer as a chinook ran through. Later, it started to rain in the middle of the night. But I was nice and toasty in my sleeping bag and tent.

I'm all sore now. Need to back off my activities for a bit I think..


Comments:
don't hibernate yet! enjoy it while the good weather lasts. summer outdoor activities just started here... my turn! ;-)
 
me jeles.....
 
Wow..!! i salute you ..! it's too cold to do anything out there..!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?