Thursday, February 07, 2008

Ahhhhh Home Again

Sooooo

Back on familiar terra firma. After 2 years since my last trip home, so fast the time flies. So fast was the flight back, I went through something like 6 movies.

NOT SO FAST was my luggage coming home with me.

Singapore Airlines LOST MY LUGGAGE!!!!! Grrrrrr.....

It got left behind in Vancouver missing the connection. What was worse was that they promised that it will be arriving the next day and IT DIDN'T!!! now I really GRRRRRRR

It finally arrived at midnight 2 days later!!!! more *&^$#$%^$#@@

But the worse was yet to come. I had packed some frozen nice juicy super duper LARGE abalones (the size of your hand) and scallops back for the Chinese New Year Feast so you can imagine the result by then, big time ^%#&*&*&(&*^%$$%$

I guess after this trip I won't be flying that airline much any more.... I'm really pissed that it took they them that long to deliver my bags. Good thing I wasn't booked to go anywhere else.... I just had that niggling feeling. Back to Japan Airlines for me next time...

For sure SIA will get a nice big juicy damage claim from me.

Anyways moving on..

Hmmmmmm .... where did that great big monstrosity of a Ferris Wheel come from? That big round thing sitting at Marina Bay. How come now there is a tunnel at Penang Road. What and where is Vivo City? Geez.... all this in just 2 years.

More surprising was that I wasn't straining at the leash to go hamtam all the local foods. Evolution perhaps? Or did I get assimilated by the Canadians into one of them already? Egads!

I've forgotten what +30 feels like. Although I've been lucky, the first 2 days back the temparature has been a chilly (according to my folks here) +25C. Lots of rain too. Had trouble trying to remember how to use an umbrella.

I've forgotten that most places around here are closed for the CNY. Dang! I just went through that hell for Christmas in Calgary!

Now I'm sitting at the computer fiendishly trying to book Flights and Hotels to just about everywhere withing spitting distance of SG with a beach and the sun but no luck. Got flight but no rooms. Got rooms but no flights.... sigh.... can't even rent a car to drive to Malaysia so that's out....

Maybe I should just rent a Kayak and paddle to Batam....

Any free offers of lodging anywhere? (and a car if it's in west malaysia)

Comments:
Lucky you ..! you're back home..! Have fun ya.. :)
 
mamabok *big grin*
 
if you troop down to Sydney, there's always free lodging at my place! *grin*

enjoy the warmth. gets uncomfortable sometimes, but heck it's better than freezing your nuts off, yeah? lol!

Happy Chinese New Year!
 
may... ahhhh sydney... hmmm tempting offer for allyou know I might decide noto leave if I like it too much!!! squatters rights you know LOL
 
ah, back to tropical sun eh? *on air con for you*
 
still here or went back already??

i tot seefei wanna treat us to dinner?
 
Misti, tq tq for the cold air *ahhhhh enjoy*

leonard, no leh seefei didn't call me back to arrange some how.. must go kok his head..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?