Thursday, June 15, 2006

RPM

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingYesterday, I was debating about whether to rent a bicycle and go biking after work. But remembering the weather forecast was for rain and lots of it, I decided to hit the gym instead. Woa, lucky! Big rain shower and it’s been raining since. Upon hitting the gym, I discovered I still had my old RPM music in my Clie.


WoooOOOHHH nice!


RPM by Les Mills is a very, very, very the cool version of Spinning indoor cycling classes. I had done the instructor’s course some moons ago, but as I was so damn busy doing personal training Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting (how busy? I was working 7am to 10pm almost daily, business was good then…) I never got around to teaching any classes or do the follow up certification test, sigh, missed opportunities. But anyways, yesterday the cycle bug bit really hard and I hopped onto a standard gym bike and started pedaling. Now a Spinning cycle is VERY different to these electromechanical ones. For starters they are a lot smoother and more like a real bike, you can go fast, stand on them, and feels like a real bike, seats handlebars and toe clips in all.

A standard gym bike, sigh, is not very controllable, designed for people with probable back problems,
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting i.e. you sit very upright and the seat is designed for comfort rather than performance. But, then over here, you can’t be choosy. So off I went, plugged in my headphones and did some 40 mins but finally I pengsaned.

Wah liao… I haven’t done a cycle like this for almost 1.5 years. God…..it was hard, sweated loads, the yucky bike didn’t help either….


But

But

But

Damn shiok! Saturday, I go again….

P/S: when I did the 3 day instructor’s course, I dropped 5kg, that’s how good it is…

Specially for Erika

The Eu Yang Sang version, similar to Malaysian/Cantonese style of BKT
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This one also, personally I liked this one better.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If you prefer the Teochew version, which is not so dark and more peppery this is the one.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Enjoy!




Comments:
Faints ~ Pengsan ~ Sakit Kepala ~ Vomit Blood... LOL.. OMG..

But I have the Eu Yang Sang packets too! In fact, I only have them.. Hmm, maybe more bakuteh this weekend!! Use up the last of my TungKus, before plink gets them..
 
3 day instructor’s course, you dropped 5kg? Whoaaaa.... how nice.... I need it!!! Have been gaining 2,5 kgs during my trip *sob sob sob*
 
Didn't know there was more than one BKT. Must try Teochew style.... Extra TungKu....
 
Dropped 5 kg within 3 days? wow.. that's indeed a great achievement :)

Never tried the Teochew BKT yet.
 
thanks for the pics! I'm going to search around if they have it in the oriental store down here.. since I am teochew, I might like the last one better.. but I'll give the others a try. :) Will keep u updated!

5 kg? I need to have the motivation to do that.. :S
 
wow... 3days 5kg?? I STILL have not attended any RPM classes @ the gym... ei, i waiting for u to train me personally, ok... faster faster! :P
 
FF!...morning mor-morning!!

dont u think klang shld come up with their own packet BKT too?

so u makan BKT straigh away after RPM?

wat does RPM means?
 
L B.
*rubs some anchor brand foong yau under albie's nose*
*take out IV blood Gold needled kit to reinflate the HugHug Club Chairman, too flat after vomitting blood*

BKT! BKT! BKT! BKT! go go go

Selba,
when u cycle for about 5 hours a day, go through 3 changes of clothes each day...sure Silvery like-lighter :P

plink,
Got plenty, but in my rush and Brozned absendmindeness, I forgot to buy until the very last day!! so only had these 3...

Errr, Teochew style with Tengku not so nice.. Cantonese style better

S A,
liuliuliuliuliuliuliuliuliuliuliu
go go go go go go go go go go go
join join join join join join join
gym gym gym gym gym gym gym gym

Chen,
Also partly too tired to eat much :\

Erika
hehe anytime!
Motivation is can eat more types of foods!

angel,
Eh????? how can???
liuliuliuliuliuliuliuliuliuliu
quickly go join a class and make sure you done play cheat with the resistance.

Winn,
Eveeeeeeeennnnniiiiinngggg!
ya hor klang should their own eh?

Haha I makan BKT BEFORE RPM.....
Revolutions Per Minute....
 
apa la lu. ppl morning u evening:p


can u imagine the lovely sunshine here? as i m typing this i m looking at my balcony....
it's a sunny day!!

i shld go back to sleep
coz its a sunnyday:)


coz i m a vampire???
wats ur blood type? i only sux certain type of blood:p haha

dun pengsan lahhh!!
 
i love this song!:)
 
Winn,
Good evening!!!
Its dark, dank and and and....dark! as I'm typing this.... :P
aiyoh, the "fun" of a 14 hr time difference with boleh/kiasuland LOL

wahhh if u vampire, u shud be here now, very the dark.... my blood type is sweet, mozzie like!
 
Winn,
Good evening!!!
Its dark, dank and and and....dark! as I'm typing this.... :P
aiyoh, the "fun" of a 14 hr time difference with boleh/kiasuland LOL

wahhh if u vampire, u shud be here now, very the dark.... my blood type is sweet, mozzie like!
 
FF, I shall tell Winn what blood type you are - mozzies tend to go for the 'O' type...cuz I'm an 'O' too. Do all the 'O' types on here agree??? ;)

BTW, you'll be pleased to know:
I am starting gym work next week - in the comforts of my own staff gym which is fully equipped. Seeing how hard you are working out is kinda 'pushing' me to get my butt off to do something about getting toned myself...kekeke
 
First you blog about the gym, then the bak kut teh! What a combination....LOL
 
Message from May in Beijing:

may [19:14:12]: I've not been on my bike for the longest time too. Procrastinating! Also 'cos timing doesn't seem right these days, too many happenings at once. Eh, don't just show us the BKT packets, show us the B-K-T!!
 
Spinning. Sigh. Want to try. Never done before. Droolll.

Yes, the new site is up. Follow the link.
 
Hoppily Happy,
Issit? they go for O type wan meh? wah interesting...

Woohooo any new gym starter, am I starting a trend here?

Cocka Doodle,
1st train than eat!!! never fails :p

L B,
wah...all the way from Beijing!!!
*excited*
albie, show her previous post!!!

Marita,
Wahh wahh wahh!!!!!
*lagi excited, go see see*
 
next bloggers meeting in sg no need to go out liao...can eat your cooking at your apt in east coast!! hopefully by then u r alridi a sifu in bkt!!

can go jalan jalan at the seaside afterward somemore..wat sieh!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?